1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

GX9 Battery door problem

Discussion in 'Panasonic Chat' started by Carl Jacolette, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Carl Jacolette

Carl Jacolette New Member

I brought a second hand GX9 and absolutely love it, it goes with me everywhere, something I could not do with my full frame camera, But I have had problems with the battery door, it pops open, several times I have lost the battery and only found out when going to take a shot. To repair it would need a new outside covering for the whole body, I cant believe that would be a cheap fix.
    I have found a solution, a half leather case, no more battery losses and it looks good too. Cost less than a replacement battery.
    Just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem

2. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

Not got a GX9 but looking at the Panasonic bodies I have , they do appear to over-engineer the battery door using a steel pin and spring for the hinge rather than the clip-in plastic pins for hinges that most other manufacturers appear to use. The locking thing seems to vary from model to model, but should clip across under a feature on the body. SO if this feature has worn or broken on your GX9, I understand what you mean when you say that it would need an "outside covering" to fix it. Have you tried carefully applying a blob of epoxy adhesive to see if it can be made to take the shape of the missing piece? Otherwise, as you have found out, a battery grip or slim part-case is an expedient solution