1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GX7 focus points

Discussion in 'Panasonic Chat' started by Grierson, May 12, 2015.

1. Grierson

Grierson Well-Known Member

I wonder if any GX7 owner knows how to lock the central focussing point. The position of the point can be set on the touch screen but in use it can be easily/inadvertently moved by handling the camera.

I'm sure there is a simple answer to this but I've ploughed through the 380 pages of the manual and have failed to find it. Thanks - John

2. BikerMike

BikerMike Well-Known Member

Sorry, can't help. One of the first things I did was turn off the touchscreen for fear of unwanted settings changes due to my clumsy fingers. :(

I'm not sure why you would want to lock the focus point? Surely the point is that it will focus wherever you touch it, otherwise why use the touchscreen?

Perhaps I have misunderstood.

Regards, Mike

Last edited: May 12, 2015
  3. Grierson

Thanks Mike. It would be depend on the needs of the picture but I would normally use the central point only on the DSLR, focus on the subject using it and then re-compose the shot as appropriate. Trouble is the central point is easily moved. (I know that I can tap the screen where I want the focus point to be.) - John

4. BikerMike

BikerMike Well-Known Member

That's how I tend to use my GX7 too, which is why I de-activated the touch screen. It only disables the touch sensitivity, the screen works perfectly normally for everything else and you can still toggle between it and the EVF, as per usual.

In the menu, go to Custom, go to page 8/8, and you'll see Touch Settings - select it and you'll find 4 options, as below:

Touch Screen - ON/OFF
    Touch Tab -
    Touch AF -
    Touch Pad AF -

Presumably your Touch Screen will show ON. Select OFF, and the other three will then go grey and become inactive. Return to main menu. Hey presto, no more touch sensitive screen, no more wandering focus point.

Hope that helps,

Regards, Mike

5. Grierson

That does the trick Mike. Thanks once again. - John