1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greetings!

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by Anomander Rake, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Greetings folks,

This is my first foray into photography. I seek to improve my ability to "see". I hope to contribute and learn!

Cheers!

AR

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome. Practice makes perfect. Pictures posted in the Appraisals section will get critiqued which can help.

3. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Hello! What sort of photography are you interested in?

4. PeteRob and Geren,

Thank you for the welcome. I have yet to find my niche, but I do have plenty of subjects to focus on (!). I live in one of the most beautiful parts of the world where the weather is pleasant, the oceans beckon and mountains abound. I build laser systems for a living, which offers interesting possibilities as well. I have started dabbling in landscape photography, but perhaps macro photography is something I am certainly interested in pursuing as well.

5. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Sounds fantastic. Someone somehwere said that if you want to take interesting photographs, stand in front of something interesting, but I think there's also value in finding all sorts of things to be interesting and in finding ways of making interesting phtoographs out of mundane things too. Basically I reckon as long as you are enjoying it and feel you are getting the kinds of images you hoped for, then it's all good!

6. Thank you for the words of wisdom! I've made my first post in the appraisals section.