1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greetings all!

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by doobs, May 24, 2020.

1. doobs

doobs Member

New member here. Long term photog (40+ years) and dedicated Fujista.

Started shooting with Tri-X on an Olympus OM-1n, while in college, drifted through Olympus and multiple Nikon digitals, and finally came home to Fuji with a X100s about 7 years ago.

Since then, a X-Pro1 and a XT-1 have been added to the collection, with the only difficulty being deciding what body to pick up for the particular circumstance.

Other interests include Formula 1 and the Maker world.

Looking forward to contributing here. I've got lots of imagery collected in the UK and surrounding areas over the years which I can share.

I've done a bit of spelunking around the site and cannot figure out how to set an avatar and/or signature. Can someone please provide guidance?

Cheers,

chris

2. Papageno

Papageno Member

Hello, I was just searching on the same topic! It looks like there's a 30 post criterion that has to be met before you can add an avatar. I understand that it's to counter spam bots. There's a link to another thread here that explains it.

3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome. Indeed Fuji go from strength to strength. I think it is only a matter of time before they build their telephoto range. If the XT-4 lives up to expectation they’ll need something more than the 200 F2 with teleconverters.

As said above you need something like 30 posts over time and place to prove you are not a robot/spammer.

Papageno likes this.
  4. Papageno

Papageno Member

Thanks Pete - I'd missed the completion of the place name.

Cheers,

Ryan

5. doobs

doobs Member

Thanks for that link Papageno. Makes perfect sense although I've never heard of spam in an avatar.

Chris

6. Papageno

Papageno Member

Hi Chris,

Just found out that the avatar link has been enabled for me - hopefully it may now be working for you, too? I definitely haven't written 30 posts yet though, so the limit may have been reduced?

Cheers,

Ryan

7. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

System (at just before 06:00) shows 4 posts since March 18th - so time element as well, but I am surprised!

8. doobs

doobs Member

Yep. It let me set an avatar and signature. Awesome

Chris

9. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

or maybe a mod just thought that you were too human to be a bot. Welcome aboard.

John Farrell likes this.
  10. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard!