1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

"Green" phone call...?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Malcolm_Stewart, Sep 16, 2020.

1. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

If someone was spending that amount I'd assume Mrs S had lost it and I would keep shtumm as it is less than she spends...:rolleyes:

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

It (Strava) has been in the papers a few times. Folk go for an hour long run at the same time of day, everyday, and put the recording up showing a nice map of their run starting and ending at their house.

3. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Wow! That's why me old mucker Fingers the Jemmy has been so happy recently! :D

4. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

An intelligent friend from church even went to local money transfer service and sent £100 when he got phone call saying his computer was corrupted. I would have thought he had more sense but maybe it’s not a plant that grows in every garden.

Catriona likes this.
  5. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Never been so interested in keeping himself so fit and active....

6. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

I have never felt the need to tell everybody I know, and probably many I don't, where I have been for a run. That may have something to do with my not going running. Nor have I ever felt any need to tell everybody on Facebook where I am at any given time. The general idea is that nobody who doesn't need to know has a clue where I am unless I tell them specifically.
    Had an interesting call at lunch time, I was cooking at the time, "I'm calling about your computer" to which I replied, reasonably I thought, "Which one?" "How many do you have?" "Six", "All Microsoft?" "Non none are Microsoft" "Are they Macs?" "Yes" "Oh there is a problem..." To which my response was "Make up your mind, are you with Microsoft or Apple? There is nothing wrong with any of them good day". Turns out it was from a known scam number. I wonder if she could have fixed the slightly singed potatoes she caused?

7. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

This is where Atari comes in handy! But its really not worth the bother.