1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gosh this forum looks to have gone quiet ?

Discussion in 'Fujifilm Cameras' started by Phiggys, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Phiggys

Phiggys Member

Just found my way back into the forum that I re registered last year so xmas has been and gone so has anyone purchased any new/used Fujifilm gear ? And how you getting on with them while we are still in lockdown ?

2. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

I got a used XE2 just over year ago. It was supposed to be as a lightweight camera to take on a trip to Malta. I haven't used it too much as I also got a Nikon D750 and prefer the controls on it. The Fuji is handy though as a carry round camera.

Phiggys likes this.
  3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I bought the X100V and it's good. Been quiet the last year, not many outings in lockdown.

Phiggys likes this.
  4. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

I've sold every single bit of my Canon gear and switched to an XT4. There was a time when I had a Eos 5 mk ii & a mk iii plus a large clutch of L Glass and it was like going out in battle armour. I often asked myself do I really need all this and fought the answer no. But I did give in a short time ago and wonder now why I didn't jump sooner.

i

Gezza and Phiggys like this.
  5. Phiggys

Phiggys Member

Yes this last year hasn’t done much for my photography or my GAS :(and my both my physical and mental disabilities haven’t been helped.
    I’ve now found I’m unable to hand hold a camera steady and no amount of OS or IBIS is helping so it looks like a tripod will be my way forward if we do get out this year ?
    I have still got a awful of of gear that’s not likely to ever get used again and and is depreciating in value.
    The older film gear I don’t mind keeping and apart from a XT4 and a 55-200mm & 8-16mm all used purchases,I found myself spending way to much time and money looking at ebay and other used photography sites.
    Like Mark101 I was looking to down size on weight and amount of gear by downsizing but it’s just not happened
    I do hope we will soon be able to roam freely soon and you start to get the chance to use your purchases :)

6. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

The last Fujifilm item I bought was a spare 18-55 from CEX, well it was there and their prices are not outlandish, that must have been just prior to the first lockdown. I did buy two Nikon film bodies from Ebay but in reality have done very little photography in the last 15 months, it may well stay that way as I am now having difficulty in moving about, I have to rest after climbing the stairs and am unable to cover more than about 30m on the flat without stopping, it all came on suddenly about a month ago, awaiting some treatment (hopefully).

7. Mark101

May I suggest a monopod, very useful for walking too. And my advice is to get rid of unwanted kit sooner rather than later because three months could mean a loss of hundred on a good selection of kit.

Fen likes this.
  8. Steve Hayto

Steve Hayto Well-Known Member

treated myself to a XT-30 last year. Finally had to concede to no longer being able or willing to lug heavy gear around anymore It's become my "go to " camera the OIS and being able to bump up the ISO helps with my hands being a bit shaky these days.

Still look in wonder how these little mirrorless cameras pack so much

9. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

No bulky mirror box assembly for a start with no mechanical linkages. The lens to sensor distance is also reduced.

10. Fen

Fen The Destroyer

I've got my X-T2 which I love, so much easier than carrying around the Nikon D3 which I part exchanged it for. The X-T2 is my main carry around camera with the 18-55mm lens.

Still got the Nikon D800 which I use for macro and if I'm going out somewhere with photography in mind and I want specific shots. I've only got the one lens for the X-T2,

Re: stability... since my spinal issues I've got a bit of a problem keeping cameras steady as well and totally recommend a good monopod. I've got one of the Manfrotto carbon fibre ones and it's great; lightweight, sturdy and doubles up as a walking stick!

miked likes this.
  11. Mark101

12. miked

miked Well-Known Member

Like Fen, I still have the Nikon D800 with, commonly, my 24-70mm, but for some time now it's been lying in the cupboard as the Fuji XT-2 is my constant companion - most often with the 23mm f1.4 or the 14mm f2.8. I bought it last year before I sold my Fuji XPro1 (which I miss now and then). I had thought of an XT-3 but in truth the XT-2 has all the features that I think are necessary, and I especially enjoy the Acros film simulation, as my delight in black & white photography has returned with a vengeance. Capture One Express is sufficient for my RAW processing needs, but I may at some point buy the whole kit and caboodle; we'll have to see.

steveandthedogs and Mark101 like this.
  13. John Farrell

John Farrell Well-Known Member

I have one Fuji camera - but I'm not sure that an ST705W fits the narrative...

steveandthedogs likes this.
  14. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Good old Phiggy - you've managed to Phiggy the whole Fuji forum. :)

Fen likes this.
  15. Mark101

Fuji Rules, Okay !

16. Jeff Lee

Jeff Lee Member

I recognise some of the places in your stream. Like the collection of Trips and Gordys. Which camera club is that?

17. Mark101

I'm not actually in a camera club and never have been to be honest. Astronomy was more my domain of choice for years with photography taking a minor 2nd place. Had a major re engagement with photography around 2010, was seriously ill 2015 onwards and I am only really starting to pick up the camera seriously again recently.