1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Google Challenge

Discussion in 'The Games Room' started by Atavar, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

Seeing as everyone is going to cheat and use google on these games, why not make a game of it itself? Set a question in such a way as to not make it obvious, requiring research on google to find the answer.

Here is a starter:

I'm noted for saying "They won't think anything about it" while watching the play "Still Waters Run Deep".

2. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

Bit of an insult to those who don't cheat. If I don't know, and Google it, I don't enter, as is the same of others. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

3. swanseadave

swanseadave Well-Known Member

Agreed Myk.I had no need to google on Steve52`s lyric one.I have that album too(Joe Walsh I mean).

4. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

Apologies for the insult, by way of apology please accept the invitation to play a wonderful game that taxes a little more than the memory cells.

I do admit it was bit of an overstatement there but it is the games room. But to rephrase: "Seeing as we'll never know if anyone has bothered to cheat and use google on these games, why not make a game of it itself?" It was never my intention to accuse the members of AP of being a bunch of stinky cheaters, it was my intention to introduce something i'd just made up.

Should I take this as an indicator that you couldn't find the answer? Because i was not aiming to make it something that was as easy as simply copy and pasting to a search engine. ;)

5. TheFatControlleR

Oh, don't mind me, I get uppity for a living. ;)

Easy, I Googled;

.. and the answer came up at the top... you said it, on a photography forum or something. ;)

Anyhoo, Abe Lincoln.

6. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

Absolutely correct :) Your turn, hope this one wasn't too easy, finding things relevant yet obscure enough to not instantly appear in a search is the name of the game really, like an electronic hide-and-seek.

7. TheFatControlleR

Not sure I have the aptitude for this, sorry. I was never very good at solving cryptic crosswords, never mind setting them. :(

Perhaps set another 'problem', open it up to others, or I could give my go over to the first to post... ;)

8. Kettering_Jeremy

Kettering_Jeremy Well-Known Member

This reminds me of the Tony Butler sport phone in on BRMB radio many years ago, "Tone" would hold a book up in the studio and, pointing at a photograph say in a broad Wolverhampton accent to the radio listeners, "who is this?".

So I'll do just that, I'm holding a book about 50 years of Formula One motor racing, who is this? <points at picture> :D :D

9. Nod

Nod Well-Known Member

Mr Ayrton Da Silva?

10. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

I'm sure that looks more like Stirling Moss.

11. TheFatControlleR

Fangio?

12. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

Oops, its Eddie Jordan.

13. Clive

Clive Well-Known Member

The one and only James Hunt :cool:

14. Kettering_Jeremy

Hi,

sorry been slow to respond.

This has had more interest than I had anticipated.

And so far no correct answers - keep em coming, and I'll try and stay on top of it.

15. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

It's the one with the moustache called Graham Hill, but I can't for the life of me tell you what his name his....

16. Kettering_Jeremy

The one with the hairy lip - Graham Hill?

Nope, wrong again!

17. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

Now i look again i swear its that chap who used to wear that hat thing when he was driving.

18. Kettering_Jeremy

At least you didn't admit, in the way Louise Goodman allegedly did, that you could recognise all the drivers by their helmets. :D :D

Clues anyone? This driver drove for Williams (among others).