1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Good old digibox bodies for M42 lenses

Discussion in 'Pentax Chat' started by Atavar, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Ffolrord

Ffolrord Well-Known Member

The first of the K mount lenses - not so named but referred to as 'K' series and easy to spot as the next series are all coded 'M' on the lens - include effectively SMC Takumars in K mount. So a K55/1.8 would be the lens to go for Takumar character without the hassle of an adapter.

I have several K's and they are all really good. My favourite is the 30mm/2.8 and I use it a lot.

2. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Yes, Pentax was the company Zeiss originally approached. The original SMC coating was exactly the same as the T* coating of the same era (and I believe Rollei's HFT coating, too), the K mount was co-developed, but in the end, Zeiss weren't sure of Pentax's electronics capabilities, so they moved on to Yashica. I personally believe the K2 shows Pentax could've done very nicely at it.