1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Good fact filled economic analysis

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Catriona, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

2. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

I used to listen to In Business every week and found it both informative and entertaining. That episode didn't seem to meet either target.

3. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

I'm surprised. Perhaps you are better informed? The stats on who owns what were interesting to me, especially compared to the USA and China. Ah well, such is life.

4. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

The interaction between national economies is far too complex for a programme that short to cover. Take foreign exchange: the City of London alone carries out 2,700,000,000,000 exchange transactions per day (give or take the odd 100,000,000. That's money moving in and out of Britain plus exchanges between other countries being handled by the UK traders. It's an indication of where money is flowing but getting a clear understanding of who owns what is something that all the financial regulators struggle with. A great deal of ownership even of high profile companies is grey at best and yet the BBC is going to tell you the story in 30 minutes? I think not.