1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Good Evening from Anglesey

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by dw812, Dec 8, 2018.

1. dw812

dw812 New Member

Hello all,

Im Daz, a newbie to DSLR photography, currently equipped with a Canon EOS 1000d, Canon 18-55mm lens, and Canon 75-300mm lenses.

I look forward to getting some good advice, new locations and generally improving my own skills, whilst contributing to the forum as a whole!

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Welcome Daz.

3. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

And a good morning from Anglesey!

S

4. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

G'day Daz. What are your specific interests/ skills? There are probably some here who can help you, and some whom you can help.

Cheers,

R.

5. Bill Stewardson

Bill Stewardson Well-Known Member

Hello to you Daz.

Welcome and good to see you here.

Happy Easter pal.

6. dw812

dw812 New Member

Thank you all! Im currently at Valley on Anglesey, and I'm just getting into the basics of photography.

My interests lie mainly in landscapes and sunsets, however I do have an eye on aviation in places too...as long as it augments the landscape.

So far the plan is to use trial and error when shooting to bring my skills up, and read a lot from here and books, such as Nick Liveseys Snowdonia Mountains book.

7. steveandthedogs

Have a look on YouTube, Ilford. They have some excellent videos on camera controls.
    Have a think about joining a club -Llangefni, Holyhead and Beaumaris and Menai Bridge.
    Don’t know the first two, but BMBCC very friendly and welcoming.

S

8. IvorCamera

IvorCamera In the Stop Bath

Get advice on your nearest photographic society/camera club......go to your local library or check out the Welsh Photographic Federation, you live in a wondeful place for a landscape photographer....have fun and enjoy!

Bill Stewardson likes this.
  9. Bill Stewardson

Bill Stewardson Well-Known Member

All of the above is great advice.

Best way really is keep on clicking, I doubt you’ll make errors that we all haven’t.

Your very lucky living where you do. E N J O Y

10. steveandthedogs

11. Skyehammer

Skyehammer Well-Known Member

Hi Daz - I'm from Amlwch originally , worked for a Bank in Holyhead , been living on the Isle of Skye for the past 30 years .
    You'll have plenty of opportunities for photographing a variety of subjects - [ landscape , sports , wildlife and street ] where you live - buy a few books , study the old masters [ painters and photographers ] , view lots of youtube tutorials and as others have mentioned join a camera club , before long you'll see huge improvements .