1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Good Brexit News

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Learning, Feb 13, 2020.

1. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Or a blind winner.

See here for the definition of looser.

Scphoto, DaveM399 and Catriona like this.
  2. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Re point 2.....there's a layer of bureaucracy Scotland could do without too. I'm glad you appreciate how expensive it is to have multiple tiers of government.

I also appreciate the 4 square pegs, 3 round holes and a square hole analogy....or did I get that wrong?:eek:;):D

Good luck with the fishing rights and expecting johnny foreigner to go hungry though. I fear that it might get ugly at sea.

Scphoto and Catriona like this.
  3. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

I think you have gone on.....I think you must have read it on the side of bus....

Graeme

4. John King

John King Well-Known Member

Miaowwwww.! I'm off I cannot live with loosers!

5. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Shut the door on the way out please.:)

Catriona likes this.
  6. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

*Exit, pursued by smell of singeing gammon*

7. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Wish I was 'looser'! (sic)
    It must be the time of year. Just had someone leave another group elsewhere, throwing a hissy-fit over a legitimate Orwell quote.
    There's simply no answer to satisfy someone like that - well, there is an answer, but not one they would accept.

8. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

For several years I was involved with fisheries management and conservation. Your belief that British commercial fishermen stand by the rules is, quite frankly, delusional.

9. John Farrell

John Farrell Well-Known Member

Have we had a flounce?

10. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to sweep up the sequins.

dream_police likes this.
  11. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Dunno, but he's a leaver, so he's left. Doesn't realise that we're all loosers.

12. DaveM399

DaveM399 Well-Known Member

Fishing quotas - didn't a lot of our fishermen sell theirs to other European fishermen for a quick buck?

Scphoto, daft_biker and Catriona like this.
  13. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Yep, and are now whining about it.

14. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

And their fishing licences (that they had been given for free). I would love to see John King's face when he sees Belgian, Dutch, Spanish and French boats fishing legitimately inside the 10 mile limit with their British licences.

daft_biker likes this.
  15. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

And...Mr Junker is no longer in post....nor is he dead....so his point 1 is palpably just a lot of tosh.....

Graeme

16. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Our fishermen and fisherwomen (I'll bet there is at least one of the latter, and a skipper at that) have a divine right to break our rules. Spanish and French fisherpersons do not share that right. Just to emphasise the point we should already have more fishery protection vessels on the stocks in England and Wales, plus a promise of more in Scotland if Nicola's lot can get that new ferry mess sorted.

17. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Our new aircraft carrier is just the vessel for fisheries protection, though I think the nuclear armed and powered hunter/killer subs would make a better job of it..:rolleyes:

Learning likes this.
  18. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

We could declare, in retrospect, such sales of licences illegal.

19. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Even by your standards that is an unbelievably moronic comment.

20. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

You really need to give up drinking.