1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Golf

Discussion in 'Sony Chat' started by MickLL, May 16, 2005.

1. MickLL

MickLL In the Stop Bath

I was watching some golf on TV last night (some US tournament). They kept showing slow motion film of the golfers swing and also the moment of impact with the ball.

It was quite amazing technology - and all with the KM name emblazoned across it.

I can imagine all sorts of fantastic applications that will throw new light on all sorts of activies.

MickLL

2. MickLL

MickLL In the Stop Bath

Well that post caused quite a flurry of interest!!!

MickLL

3. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

I read it, but without having seen what you had seen I couldn't really comment.

4. RonM

RonM Alpha Napper

Sorry Mick, but, firstly didn't see it and felt I couldn't comment and secondly as Golf is definitely not one of my interests again it's not something I would tend to comment on.
    However, it is nice to hear that KM are promoting themselves via high profile events which may assist in improving their sales, talking of which I'll need to go and check out if this announcement in AP of KM droping the 7D price by £250 has/is filtering through to the high street/internet dealers

5. MickLL

MickLL In the Stop Bath

The point wasn't golf it was about the quite amazing slomo effect that clearly is now possible in a sporting environment. To give you a flavour - one view was the club making contact with the ball, seeing the deformation of the ball, the spin imparted to the ball etc. Obviously it's now 'affordable' (at least to TV companies) and so we may well be seeing applications in a sport that you are interested in.

Now the exciting bit. Are KM really reducing the 7D price? I don't always buy AP and so I didn't see any announcement. I promised to cook tonight so can't scour the web for news. If it's true then it looks like I may soon be raiding the piggy bank. I have afriend who just saved £50 by getting one in Italy - then spent part of his savings buying an English manual :). He may well be quite upset. (Is there a 'schadenfreude' emoticon? - someone will correct the spelling no doubt)

MickLL

6. RonM

RonM Alpha Napper

The announcement was on page 5 "Stop Press" that KM has slashed the price of it's Dynax 7D digital SLR by £250 to £899.99 body only the announcement also stated that as the announcement came too late for the 7D to be included in the group test of sub £1000 DSLR's tested in this edition. So straight from the pages of AP - price cut. Now just need to see who's doing the best-est deals (anyone doing the 7D for under £600?????)

7. Minoltaman

Minoltaman Well-Known Member

Just checked Jessops website they are selling the 7D for £799.99

Cheers

George

8. GeoffC

GeoffC Well-Known Member

In that case, it must be available for around £600 elsewhere, so you could be in luck Ron. ;)

9. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

A young woman dressed in shorts had been taking golf lessons. She
    had
    just
    > started playing her first round of golf when she suffered a bee
    sting.
    Her
    > pain was so intense that she decided to return to the clubhouse for
    help
    > and to complain.
    >
    > Her golf pro saw her come into the clubhouse and asked, "Why are you
    back in
    > so early? What's wrong?" "I was stung by a bee," she said.
    "Where,"
    he
    > asked.
    > "Between the first and second hole," she replied.
    >
    > He nodded knowingly and said, "Then your stance is too wide."
    >
    :D

Jack

10. MickLL

MickLL In the Stop Bath

:) :)

Thanks Jack - I'll take that to the club today.

MickLL

11. MickLL

MickLL In the Stop Bath

£773 at Internet Cameras Direct
    £ 759 at Empire Direct (but they have very mixed reviews)

Now , wait for it, $599 from a number of places listed on 'PriceArrow.com'.

That's less than £350 - rip off Britain again?

Jack - how much do you sell it for?

MickLL

12. RonM

RonM Alpha Napper

I do hope so Geoff, cause then I can bundle it with the new 28 - 75 f/2.8 D lens and qualify for the £100 rebate offer [​IMG]

13. Minoltaman

Minoltaman Well-Known Member

I have just posted this in for sale forum.

For sale due to funding of a new car.

All lenses are Minota AF Fitting
    Sigma 70-200 EX APO f2.8 £200.00
    Sigma 28-70 EX f2.8 £100.00
    Sigma 18-50 DC f3.5-5.6 £60.00 as new
    Minolta 75-300 f4.5-5.6 (D) Black £30.00

PM me if interested.

Cheers

George