1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Goldfinch

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by J H Foto, Jan 15, 2019.

1. J H Foto

J H Foto Well-Known Member

P1014924.jpg

El_Sid likes this.
  2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Colourful but stroppy! They are back on our feeders. Four seems to be a critical number. Two will co-exist, 3 will more or less take turns but with 4 it all kicks off.

3. jchrisc

jchrisc Well-Known Member

Don't you think it's seasonal.
    A parent and a brood and all is peaceful
    20110921-Charm-1.jpg

4. swanseadave

swanseadave Well-Known Member

I regularly have four goldfinches at the feeders at any one time.They feed quite happily unless other birds are at the feeders first.
    You can see the frustration in their behaviour!!

5. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I should have said that we have a single niger seed feeder at which 2 goldfinches can perch. I've once seen a sparrow on it but generally the other birds go for the other feeders. The goldfinches don't usually go on the other feeders.