1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Goldfinch x 2

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by bob58, Jun 12, 2011.

1. bob58

bob58 Well-Known Member

Your comments would be appreciated

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Awful. Well I had to say something different since others will only heap praise I guess. ;)

Winners both.

3. bob58

bob58 Well-Known Member

Jeez Mike what you trying to do to me......I was literally taking a drink of HOT!! tea when I opened your post and the first word I seen "AWFUL".........taking control of my body I was able to read on :eek::)

and thank you :D

4. Rustyknight

Rustyknight Well-Known Member

On my screen at least, there's evidence of some dodgy cloning/healing in the second shot...... :eek:

(Bottom right I should add, where the original twig forks off.....)

5. zx9

zx9 Well-Known Member

Obviously a work in progress;)

Both great shots though, once cleaned up the second one would be my pick.

6. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Yes, the pose in the second has more character, and I like the fact that you've given it a little space to interact with its environment in *notes needle twitching on BSometer - hmm, can I get that in English?* OK - how about "space to consider surroundings as well as subject"? No - I can't come up with a straight turn of phrase, hopefully someone else can.

Adrian

7. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Thanks for that, I've been trying to clean those smudges off my screen. :(

8. APchris

APchris Well-Known Member

The first one is a classic shot and very good :)

I prefer the bird's pose in the second shot but not sure about the cloned out twig and missing greenery :confused:

9. TimF

TimF With as stony a stare as ever Lord Reith could hav

What Chris said. Can't see why you've gardened the twig out; it looks kinda un-natural without it, and the defocused greenery filled a large empty space somewhat.

10. bob58

bob58 Well-Known Member

Thank you all for the comments.

Cloning out the branch lower right, I done that to see if people preferred in or out and need to tidy my cloning up ;)

Green area to the left was not there in the second shot as I had moved position, interestly to me that was an area I was not sure about but seems it would be ok left there

11. hil26

hil26 Well-Known Member

nice images both and lighting looks great, but I can see a halo around the bird in the second shot

12. bob58

bob58 Well-Known Member

Thank you Dave, cant say I can see the halo