1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GF1

Discussion in 'Panasonic Chat' started by Brian, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

Perhaps your standards are higher than mine, and anyway I only print to A3.

2. Larry Shone

Larry Shone Well-Known Member

I dont print at all Brian but I wouldnt dream of using my FZ7 beyond ISO 100! Its lowerst is 80 and even that shows noise in dark areas-ridiculous!

3. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

But Larry what are you trying to prove? This thread is about the GF1 Panasonic which has a huge sensor ( roughly 7x ) compared to the FZ7 and quite honestly on another planet in every respect.

Owning a GF1 and two Nikons a D200 and a D300 I can assure you for me the GF1 is better at 800 ISO then the former and perhaps only a stop behind the latter.

Don't take my word for it read DPreview etc.

Yes it has faults but what doesn't.

4. Larry Shone

Larry Shone Well-Known Member

Sorry Brian, I had no idea of the specs of the GF1, I just presumed it was another pseudo SLR with small sensor and high pixel count.

5. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

You are excused. :)

6. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

I was quite impressed with my mum's GF1 which I had a chance to use whilst we were on holiday last month. The major downer for me was the interface, I found it all a bit fiddly (certainly a step behind my Pentax and Nikon digital cameras). That said, IQ was excellent, it's a great size, and a very pleasing camera to use (once correctly set).

7. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

I agree, well I think I agree if by interface you mean the controls.