1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Garvie Island, Cape Wrath (3 pics)

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by Ranger703, Oct 21, 2007.

1. Ranger703

Ranger703 Active Member

Hello,

I'm a new forum member,although I have been a avid reader of the magazine for many years.I'm primarily an aviation photographer and one of the places that I frequent is Cape Wrath in Scotland. The military use a large rock,just off the coastline,called Garvie Island,to practise live weapon drops.

The first image is of the rock in calmer times and shows the type of stunning sunsets seen in that part of the world.
    The second image is a profile shot of the coastline,Cape Wrath lighthouse can just be seen in the distance,and of the rock itself with the results of an attack by a bomber.
    The final shot,taken from 6km away with a 500mm F8 mirror lens,shows the impact of a live bomb and the subsequent shockwave.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

Hi and welcome.

Thanks for sharing :D

Look forward to seeing some aviation pics :)

If you want comments on your pics, then don't hesitate to use the Appraisal Gallery :D

3. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

That last one's a bit different to the usual landscapes we see here......... :D

4. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Wow, wasn't expecting to see the shockwave so clearly.

Lovely part of the world isn't it - I've been up to Sutherland the last couple of years for hols, and plan to make a habit of it.

5. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Cracking :cool:

....now where's that list of over-photographed locations that was in the lounge....some people might like to see them get the same treatment :eek: :D :D