1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gallery of Today

Discussion in 'General Equipment Chat & Advice' started by bench_ubbster, Jul 22, 2014.

1. bench_ubbster

bench_ubbster Well-Known Member

I have some pictures which appear on this website http://galleryoftoday.com/ OK, they are low res, but do not carry any credit. I don't fancy filling in the digital take down (DMCA) for each image or am I worrying unduly as they are images which could have been taken from my Flickr pages anyway? But they are allowing my images (including some family snaps) to be downloaded as free wallpaper (via an App).

This chap http://www.scrollwright.com/2014/07/22/photographers-galleryoftoday-com-may-stealing-photos/ has something to say about the site, but is it an over reaction?

2. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

It's theft, so no it's not an overreaction.

3. bench_ubbster

I see takedowns will cost me. I've found an email address buchin@dropsugar.com I wonder if I get a reply. Place your bets.

4. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Why will it cost you? I'm not saying you're wrong -- I know nothing about this site or how it works -- but I'm puzzled that someone can steal your property and then charge you for stopping stealing it. What is their response when you threaten them with legal action?

Cheers,

R.

5. bench_ubbster

DMCA have a fee structure. Then it's the time involved. I know there are principals, but my dad always said principals cost money.

6. bench_ubbster

7. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

8. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

In principle yes -

9. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

galleries appear to be no more....
    the power of the internet :D