1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G6 is dying, what next?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Chat' started by IvorETower, Feb 12, 2015.

1. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

The G6 is now being listed as discontinued by many retailers (I've had an on-line chat with one and been told it's on the way out), so what is coming along to replace it?
    It's certainly getting more difficult to track one down, and the price has been falling over the past few months.
    Does anyone know for sure what is in the pipeline?

2. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

Hi Ivor, Bit unusual. Panasonic have a recent history of overlapping two or even three models. Could it not just be that a container load of cameras is stuck at the distributors or on way to the distributors? 4/3 Rumours is a place to go, apparently, to watch for what's coming up. Cheers, Oly

3. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

Ah, but it's not just UK retailer sites who are showing it as discontinued (rather than just out-of-stock); that's what prompted my question.
    Was hoping that maybe in a few weeks, there could be some Easter buying offers.....

4. psj23

psj23 Well-Known Member

Price of a DMC-G6 bundled with a 14–42mm f/3.5–5.6 PZ lens is retailing here for about the equivalent of £365. No word on whether the lens is a Mk II, though.

5. davidavdavid

davidavdavid New Member

The G6 and G5 bodies are readily available as pre-owned online and in second hand shops. I have one of each and really appreciate them for their value and ergonomics. I have been spoken directly to Panasonic representatives who assure me there will be a G7... eventually. No set date has been established.

If you like your G6 go online and visit thrift shops to track down another one to hold you over until the G7 appears.