1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Full AP Pentax K-7 test now available

Discussion in 'Pentax Chat' started by Angela_Nicholson, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Re: **WARNING** vicious *PERSONAL BIAS* in reply

Hi David,

Cheers,

Jack

2. Monobod

Monobod Phantom of the forum

Re: **WARNING** vicious *PERSONAL BIAS* in reply

Hi Jack,

On the Z1-p with this zoom lens it would track a moving car for instance and keep its image size the same as a proportion of the frame as it gets nearer to you. Very useful at a race track to avoid the car becoming too large in the frame as it got nearer, or smaller as it moved away.

I will need to check this with Pentax, but on its own, it would not prevent me from buying the K-7 if it does not work. I cannot se why it wouldn't though as it is only a function of the zoom factor being controlled by the continuous autofocus.

I cannot see that there would be a problem either with the viewfinder, at 100% it is far superior to other models and other makes in the same price bracket. I asuppose there has to be some criticism somewhere, or the manufacturers would not try to 'improve' the models, but I see little to worry me about this superb evolution.

How many other cameras have the same feature rich specification as this one has for the money?