1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fujifilm X 30 RAW files

Discussion in 'Fujifilm Cameras' started by Eye Robot, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Eye Robot

Eye Robot Well-Known Member

I've been thinking about maybe getting a Fujifilm X30 but I can't find any definite information about how I would edit RAW files from it.

Does anyone know what comes with the camera? I've seen mentions of Finepix developer and SilkyPix but it is not clear what is supplied and whether I have to pay extra for it. And if anything is available whether it is any good or not.

I've downloaded a sample Raw file and I know DNG converter won't convert it (yet presumably).

Any clarification would be appreciated.

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I bought a E-2. It came with editing software for windows that I have not looked at because I use a Mac now.

A few minutes pass ...

The CD says MyFinePIx Studio 4.2 for Windows and Raw file converters for Windows and Mac

Lightroom is able to import from the camera and edit the raw files. The files are significantly larger (~50 %) than the ones my Canon camera also with 16 MP produces.

The camera did not come with cables and uses USB to micro USB rather than the USB to mini usb that Canon do. That is the only time I have been able to say anything positive about my company Blackberry - the USB cable proved useful.

3. Alex1994

Alex1994 Well-Known Member

4. Eye Robot

Eye Robot Well-Known Member

Thanks for your help and the link.

I re-read the AP review last night. The author said he used Camera Raw which puzzled me for a bit...
    I've searched Adobe and ACR and DNG converter release candidate beta version 8.7 dated October 2014 will open X-30 Raw files.

That Camera Raw version is no use to me but I've downloaded the DNG converter 8.7 beta and tested it and I can open the test file now as a DNG in the old ACR version for PS Elements 10.

5. JuliaT

JuliaT New Member

A lot will depend on what you want to achieve with the file processing, free programs such as Picasa will import and process RAW files from your memory card but the processing abilities are limited. Personally I use Lightroom as you can manipulate much more

6. jchrisc

jchrisc Well-Known Member

Adobe notified me of an update of Camera Raw yesterday (Version 8.7.0.309) I have been waiting for it because the prevous version would not read Fuji X T-1 RAF files. The new version opens them without difficulty.
    Today they downloaded a new version of Lightroom (Version 5.7 with Camera Raw 8.7)

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  7. willie45

willie45 Well-Known Member

My XP1 and XT-1 came with Silkypix which is not for me. I use LR and with the latest updates it works fine with both of them. So ACR will be fine