1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fujifilm S5200 or S6500 camera?

Discussion in 'Fujifilm Cameras' started by organcory, Mar 4, 2007.

1. organcory

organcory New Member

I am currently looking into purchasing the Fujifilm s5200 or the s6000 camera, and wanted to find out some opinions on these cameras.

If there are any other brand/model of cameras like these that are in the $200-$300 range, please let me know.

2. SonnyCorle

SonnyCorle Member

I have just ordered the s6500 from amazon, it should arrive tommorrow, i'll let you know how it is. i got it for £196, jessops are charging £250, and littlewoods are charging £370 lol

3. Pervinco

Pervinco Member

Ive received my s6500 from Jessops now priced at £199 overall the camera is very good taken some interesting photos with it so far. The only down side is the lens can not be changed but on the up side looking on ebay ive found some 58mm macro lenses which fit nicely ob this. Also when you do get this model buy re-chargable batteries as it really likes them !!

4. dibz

dibz Member

ive had a fuji s5200 since january and it has served me well sometimes it takes a few seconds to buffer which can get annoying if your are trying to quickly snap things....also i found that the zoom isnt long enough

probably the worse thing is the quality if you crop it....it goes a bit pixelated/blurry....also this happens if you zoom in and take a picture

all in all it is a good camera for snapping but nothing much more serious

dibz

5. Gordon_McGeachie

Gordon_McGeachie In the Stop Bath

you wont go wrong with the 6500, but me, I would go for the 9600.