1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fujifilm FinePix Z3 or Casio Exilim EX-S600

Discussion in 'Fujifilm Cameras' started by John1981, Nov 28, 2006.

?

Do they work?

1. Excellent

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Very Good

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Good

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Needs work

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Dont give up the day job

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. John1981

John1981 New Member

Hey Guys,

I'm new here. I'm looking to buy an ultra compact digital camera. I've spent a lot of time looking online and reading reviews and out of twenty of so camera's I originally liked, I have got it down to a final two. The Fujifilm FinePix Z3 and the Casio Exilim EX-S600. Both cost about the same and have very simular features. The Casio is a bit cheaper, looks nicer I think, the memory is cheaper, and it can take nearly twice as many pic's before the battery goes flat. However I don't know anyone who has owned a Casio camera and I know dozen's of people who have owned Fuji's and been happy. Plus the Z3 has fewer mechanical part's to go wrong.

I am leaning towards the Fuji but other peoples thoughts also. Oh the reason I want a ultra compact camera is partly to take it on night's out. So night photography and size were a major issue. Both have the same shutter speeds though and are nearly the same size. I don't know about the quality of the flash or the len's.

Thanks in advance for any help.

John

2. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

Don't know what's happened to your poll - don't get any voting options! If you saw the "Gadget show" on C5 yesterday, Fuji's new ??31?? came out as quite a stunning buy. On that basis, I'd recommend the Fuji over a Casio any day of the week. Besides, would you prefer a camera from a company that makes cameras, or one that makes digital watches?

3. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

Well three of the mods on here have got various Casio models but if it's mainly night time photography, go with the Z3 :)

Chris