1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Fuji XPro1 - lens recommendations

Discussion in 'Fujifilm Cameras' started by Bazarchie, Dec 7, 2017.

1. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

What did we tell you? :)

Bazarchie likes this.
  2. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

Follow up question for those of you with the Fuji 55-200. I have just bought a used version which looks like new but seems a bit soft particularly at 200mm. Not properly tested yet and probably my poor technique/settings but does anybody else find the lens soft?

Second question, do any adapters retain AF?

3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

No I don't find the 55-200 soft but I am struggling to solve why occasional shots with the 55-200 and the 18-55 are beyond soft using a used X-H1 that I just bought. On single shot, focus priority they are just completely oof. It could be that, because the camera is so much closer to my Canons in handling than my X-E2, I'm not being careful enough.

Bazarchie likes this.
  4. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

The macro/close-up ones do.

S

5. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

I have the 55-200 and I find it is a good performer, mine was a fairly low cost Ebay buy (well sub £300 over 2 years ago). I certainly use it at 200mm quite happily, I recently made an A3 print of around 60% of a handheld frame taken at 1600iso and f7.1 at 200mm, it is far and away better than I could ever have hoped for under the prevailing light conditions, it belies the settings and a non-full frame camera.

By adapters do you mean non-Fuji items to use other lenses on Fujifilm bodies? I don't think so.

Bazarchie likes this.