1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuji X-Pro2

Discussion in 'Fujifilm Cameras' started by Lost_In_France, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Lost_In_France

Lost_In_France Well-Known Member

2. IvorCamera

IvorCamera In the Stop Bath

I don't think its a rumour, I read somewhere that a new model will be out sometime in 2015.

3. GlennT

GlennT Member

At the recent camera show at the NEC, a senior fuji account manager told me that there wouldn't be a replacement for the xpro1 until 2015 at the earliest. It will be interesting if they go Full Frame, given the emphasis they have put on the crop sensor and its lens map, which is still work in progress.

4. flipster

flipster Well-Known Member

Would need to be fairly mighty for me to upgrade from 1 to be honest.

5. zx9

zx9 Well-Known Member

At launch the X Pro 1 was a camera I wanted to use, in my mind it was going to be the digital replacement for my Leica M2. Recently I spent some time with a used one at LCE in the Strand I was a, disappointed and b, very pleased that I had not been an early adopter on this one.
    Somehow it just did not feel or handle the way I had expected, here's looking forward to the X Pro 2.

6. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

For me, it's actually too light - not something I would normally complain about, but the look of it tells my brain to expect a heavier camera, and so it feels "wrong".

7. flipster

flipster Well-Known Member

it will be interesting to see if, when launched, the x pro2 is radically changed in physical design from the x pro 1...I suspect not, as admirers of the design far out number it's detractors. It took me until September last year to take the plunge from Canon DSLR to x pro 1 (although I keep an old 40D) and I wasn't overly impressed out of the box to be honest with regard to "weightiness" but the addition of the extra grip solved that. As for all round handling, performance, image quality, I've just got back from Vietnam and know I made the right choice! It's all down to personal preference...main thing is enjoying photography!