1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FUJI S9500 ????????????

Discussion in 'Fujifilm Cameras' started by theobaldd, Jul 5, 2006.

1. theobaldd

theobaldd New Member

Looking at purchasing a FUJI S9500, I have found one for £310 new.

If there any other Camera you think I should also be considering??

some people have mentioned the S3 IS ???

Any reccommendations from your experiences??

Cheers

Dazza

2. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

Have a look at the Sony H5.
    here

Roger

3. rob_watt

rob_watt Well-Known Member

Having no idea of what you want to use your camera for (portraits, wildlife, sports, etc) there are many that I think you might want to consider.

Let us know some more details so we can help.

Rob.

4. Lounge Lizard

Lounge Lizard Well-Known Member

Please refrain from asking the same (or a similar) question on more than one board.

Thank you

5. AlexMonro

AlexMonro Old Grand Part Deux

I have a Fuji S9500. I find it a good camera for landscapes (my main interest) with the 28mm equiv wide angle, not so good for action shots (slow autofocus, fiddly manual focus).

The Canon S3 is more a jack of all trades camera.

What sort of photography are you interested in?

6. theobaldd

theobaldd New Member

Thanks,

I'm not into any one sort really. It's more for a family camera which you can have a play with.
    Good Zoom would be a benefit.
    Auto focussing.
    I like the way the s9500 is ready instantly to take pics.

What is the battery life like??

Dazza

7. AlexMonro

Battery life depends on what batteries you put in it. The supplied alkalines last hardly any time. I got a set of Lloytron 2300 mAh with charger for 20 quid, and a set of Ansmann 2600 mAh, which seem to go on forever. According to DCresource, the CIPA standard battery life is 340 shots with 2500mAh NiMH.

I'm not sure I'd call it "ready instantly to take pics." DPreview rates the start up time as 0.9s. However, I find that if I turn the power switch as I take it out of the case, by the time I've got the lens cap off and raised the viewfinder to my eye, it's usually ready.

8. ChrisBarker

ChrisBarker Well-Known Member

9. mushypixels

mushypixels New Member

I heard from a local camera shop today the s9500 has been discontinued and the s9600 is being released next week

supposed to of fixed alot of down points on the s9500

10. AlexMonro

I think the main improvement of the S9600 over the S9500 is the faster autofocus. There's also a 2" rear LCD with improved resolution. More details here and here .

11. peterchurch

peterchurch Active Member

Hi,
    I bought a 9500 a few weeks back, and I am over the moon with it(£300 from tottenham court road). I took it to the Maldives for my honeymoon, and as a total newbie to photgraphy it has given me some pretty aswome pictures.

I dont agree that it is to slow for action shots it just takes alot of practice, to understand how the camera behaves in different lights. Then its down to you.

http://flickr.com/photos/19695105@N00/

Here are some public photos :) I am still sorting them out.

The bats were very hard subjects as the rarely sat still and I was taking the photos at sunset, I will need a lot of time on photo shop to clean them up but I don't think they are lots causes..

I have some pretty good ones of black tipped sharks as well It took 2 days and 100 shots before I had even an out of focus fish in the frame but it can be done...

Regards,

Peter

12. martinwalker

martinwalker Well-Known Member

I have an S9500, found it is a great camera...

Only bugs I have are: the speed of the autofocus and the use of the memory cards... If you can, get Olympus xD cards especially the high speed ones - using CompactFlash takes a few extra seconds (especially if you are shooting in RAW)...

But other than that, it is a good all round camera...

Bought myself a set of magnification/marco lenses which worked a treat for close-ups...

13. Gordon_McGeachie

Gordon_McGeachie In the Stop Bath

Alex.

The S3 is made by Fuji not Canon and it uses the Nikon F mount

14. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

No, Gordon, the Powershot S3 IS is made by Canon, not Fuji, and is a bridge camera. The FujiFilm S3 Pro is not the camera being discussed.

15. Gordon_McGeachie

Gordon_McGeachie In the Stop Bath

Alex.

My apologies, I got confused with the Fuji S5pro.