1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuji S9500 - looks like the pudding ain't bad!

Discussion in 'Fujifilm Cameras' started by Benchista, Oct 3, 2005.

1. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

As I said at the time of launch of this camera, the spec's all well and good, but what counts is how it performs. Well according to this week's AP, it performs rather well, and is a serious contender against low-end dSLRs. Fuji seem to have managed to get an excellent result from a tiny, densely-populated sensor even at relatively high ISO settings. Not a perfect camera, due mainly to speed issues, but definately a decent step forward in technology. So well done Fuji.

2. downfader

downfader Well-Known Member

Looks ok, but for me the 5mp canon IS model that jus came out seems pretty good, £300 though... a lot of money when you already have 3 cameras....

Hmmmm, maybe I should trawl those charidy shops for 35mm compacts - since i cant afford a leica ;)

3. Martin_Kay

Martin_Kay Well-Known Member

It seems to be a good camera if you don't want to shoot people or action. The attraction to me with these cameras is a cost saving hope that I'll get one with a useful zoom range and good macro performance- that means at the very least a 28mm at the wide angle end. The down side is the slow response when shooting people, meaning you miss shots.

4. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

I could quite easily shoot people and action with this type of camera using pre-focus and infinity mode :cool:

Chris [​IMG] ...where there's a will, there's a way!

5. ncmoody

ncmoody Well-Known Member

I prefer an SLR for that :D

(Self loading Rifle NOT Single Lens Reflex) ;)

6. TimF

TimF With as stony a stare as ever Lord Reith could hav

You only have three, Dan? A bit slack of you!!!!!!!! ;) ;) :D :) /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

7. downfader

downfader Well-Known Member

LOL! Yeah I suppose that isnt many. Mind you, my other hobbie, music, I did have 7 guitars until recently and over 30 stomp boxes (sound FX), now I'm down to 6 guitars and over 25 stomp boxes /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif :D

I wouldnt mind an Olympus XA if i ever find one... I dont know what it is but I read a bit about it in this weeks AP (the guy with the candid and the leicas). :D It would be nice to have a small, compact camera, sharp lens with plenty of manual op for me just to carry about. And if it doesnt have batteries all the better, as they;d only run out knowing me :D My Canon almost fits the bill... almost :D

8. Oldy

Oldy Member

I need one...DuH!...not working just now...mybe next Christmas...be out of date then...LOL