1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuji S602 Zoom

Discussion in 'Fujifilm Cameras' started by jonty01, Oct 26, 2006.

1. jonty01

jonty01 Member

I hope my first post will not sound to foolish, but here we go. Having just bought my first decent camera, I cannot work out how to save to the card in anything but jpeg. The manual suggests that it can be tiff/raw or jpeg but nowhere can I find away to make it other than jpeg!
    Can anyone help or have I got the wrong idea?

<span style="color:red">
    Model number corrected for future searches - moderator </span>

2. peterchurch

peterchurch Active Member

Re: fuji z602

If the menu is anything like my 9500 then there will be an option in the setup to switch on raw. Mines under

setup on page 2 of the options

Hope this helps :)

3. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

Can't place this model number - what year was its manufacture?

Chris

4. jonty01

jonty01 Member

sorry I got the model number wrong, it should be S602Zoom
    (now thats embarassing!)

hope this helps to help me?

Jon

5. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

On looking at the manual here I cant see any mention of RAW.

It says File Format:
    Still image: JPEG or TIFF-RGB (Exif Ver. 2.2**)

and lists Image Quality mode Hi, Fine, Normal or Basic which usually just means size of jpeg.

6. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

Ah, got it now - 2002 model :D

Have a look at 'Setup Menu' (3/4 down the page) Doesn't look like you have RAW but if you need a non compressed image then you can always use TIFF...

"Still Image Quality: Sets the resolution and quality settings for still images. Choices are "6M" (2,832 x 2,128 pixels) at High (TIFF), Fine, Normal, or Basic; "3M" (2,048 x 1,536 pixels) at Fine or Normal; "1M" (1,280 x 960 pixels) at Fine or Normal; and VGA (640 x 480) at Normal quality."

Chris

7. jonty01

jonty01 Member

yeah I found that but according to some other advice, a TIFF is still more Raw than a jpeg?

8. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

A jpeg is just a compressed version of the tiff. More information is thrown away to make the file size smaller, so the image quality will decline the more compression you do.

To save the tiff you have to save as High.

9. Ian_A

Ian_A Well-Known Member

I've used a 602Z for record snaps at work for the last two or three years, you're best using the highest quality JPEG setting in my opinion.

I don't think you'll get a noticeably better image with TIFF, but you'll have a longer wait while the camera writes to the card, and a lot fewer pictures per card too.

10. Adx2006

Adx2006 Well-Known Member

Re: Fuji S602 Zoom

I have a fuji finepix 602 zoom pro. Do you have any online photos as I'd like to compare?

Thanks

ad