1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuji Processing

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by Mario, Jun 5, 2001.

1. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

How can I get my films processed (e6) by fuji... there are no labs in my area and can't find antything on there site.. Ive had some done before through pre-paid envelopes and was impressed by the results and speed...Or is there any others that are good.. I will be processing velvia and ms100-1000 so preferably somwhere that doesn't charge for pushing.. I've tried the 7dayshop people and they only charge £3 including pushing free of charge but was not impressed with what came back through the door!

Mario Greppi.
    Visit the Dreamphotos web site at: http://dreamphotos.tripod.com

2. Mick

Mick Well-Known Member

The number for Fuji Labs is 01926 335537, option 3 when you hit to order. They also have a website if you prefer (www.fujilabs.co.uk I think). The cheapest option is the 3 for 2 Velvia but I don't know if this is still going. They were over-run a few weeks back. £20 for 3 including processing. If you already have film, then you can buy 10 processing vouchers for £40 which includes mounting and postage (usually 2 way as they send out Freepost envelopes with your slides). Good value and extremely reliable in my experience. Push processing is extra I think but I haven't used it. So what did E6 labs or whatever they are called now do to your film? Did you tell them you are not impressed? Remember our previous discussion?

3. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

The main thing that pi**ed me off was all the bits of loose plasic stuck to my slides... a little bit scary that... the mounting was a bit pants as well but I guess you get what you pay for and for £3 you don't get much! Has anyone else had similar problems?

Mario Greppi.

4. Mick

Mick Well-Known Member

Not good but you can probably blower brush (without the brush) the plastic off as long as it is not stuck and has not scratched the slides. My problem was the slides had streaky marks close to the edges parallel to the long side, mainly towards one or other end of a roll. Some visible through a lupe, others only when scanned. Any sign of anything similar on yours when you scan?

5. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

6. Burgy

Burgy In the Stop Bath

As many on this site will tell you, for the most part you get what you pay for. I use a local professional lab, and the quality is superb, develop a relationship with a low volume, high quality lab, and the benefits can outwiegh the costs, last year alone I was referred 12 clients by my local pro lab, the profit earned (after commission to source) meant that my local lab put £1200 in my pocket.

Kind regards

Paul "Burgy" Burgman

7. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

Need For Film!

Changing the subject does anyone have any tips for where I can get some cheap FUJI MS100-1000 fast?! I ordered some from 7dayshop (20rolls) but it would seem they run out! I need the stuff by friday but don't fancy paying the £7 a roll charged by Jessops!

Mario Greppi.

8. CHIPS

CHIPS Well-Known Member

Tell me more about the lines along the edge. I just got 35 films back from Viva Imaging and was putting this lines business down to "me error" - cannot see the lines through loupe but all are afflicted under scanner. Annoying as I'm having to cut off carefully composed edges - do you know what causes this so I know how to word my "inquiry".

9. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

The lines have a blueish tint, usuallt to the right but occasionly to the left aswell.. most are thin but on some slides they are pretty thick, they really show up when scanned in.. have you had the same problems?

Mario Greppi.

10. CHIPS

CHIPS Well-Known Member

Reply from Viva this morning suggests that my black lines are from shadows cast by the mask within the scanner - and indeed that is exactly what they look like. The bafflement is that this has not happened to me before in six months of scanning. Anyways I am presently filing out and chamfering some slide mounts to see if that helps - bit of a bore if i have to keep mounting scans in these - so I suppose i must test other makes. Perhaps Gepe and similar could manufacture and MARKET mounts which would save this hassle ???? This does not sound quite the same as your blue lines but all the info helps. Cheers Chips

11. Billericay

Billericay Well-Known Member

Re: Need For Film!

12. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

I think he wanted it a fortnight ago!
    I tend to use it as no.2 film - Velvia first, but another body with MS100/1000 in rated at 400 or 800. Just about to try Provia 400F, which could well replace it. Before the 400F, it was the best 400 slide film. And 200. And 800. Not tried 1000. It's outperformed at 100 by Provia/Sensia/Elitechrome/Extracolor, but it's still good stuff, with fair grain and good colour.

Nick

13. Canonball

Canonball Well-Known Member

Er, more like 6 weeks ago! Mario's post is dated 11th JUNE, not July! I think he might have got some by now!
    I've bought the majority of my film from 7dayshop.com wotsit or MX2 as it was. Great prices, but turnaround isn't exactly one of their strong points. I've found delivery can take a week or more.

Geoff

14. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Still waiting for my 400F - it was out of stock. Still, they let me know and gave me the option to cancel.
    Best to order plenty at a time, even with short dates.

Nick

15. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

I like the film... I needed to travel light and think it's the best choice when I can't lug round 60 rolls of film!

Mario Greppi.

16. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

I use the 100-1000 usually at 400... when you've tried out the 400f let us all know how you get on with it, I've not tried it yet and it would be good to know if it is better than ms!

Mario Greppi.

17. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Will do. I think that MS is best at 400, BTW.

Nick

18. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

Yup, I agree, thats what I nealy always use it at... can't use velvia all the time hey?!

Mario Greppi.

19. Billericay

Billericay Well-Known Member

20. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Well, for me the answer's simple - 400F is fantastic. I haven't tried pushing it yet, but it's quickly become my second favourite film (after Velvia).

Nick IRIPN