1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuji GA645

Discussion in 'Fujifilm Cameras' started by daveproctor, Jul 17, 2000.

1. daveproctor

daveproctor Member

I've recently put up a posting about trying out Medium Format. I've borrowed an old Bronica ETRS and was really impressed by the quality (once I'd got the hang of actually using a meter!). However I can't afford any extra lenses and my wife isn't exactly happy about me lugging it around on days out with the family.

I've reserved a mint condition second hand Fuji GA645 which looks great, particularly as it has a wider angle lens than most of the standard lenses fitted to more traditional bodies. Does anyone have any experience of this camera/ my only concern is whether picture quality will be up to the standard of the Bronica. I am told that it is considered a "serious" camera by professionals and should be as good.

Thanks in anticipation and a note to the publishers to say thanks for an extremely useful service, particulalry to novices like me.

2. tonymidd

tonymidd Well-Known Member

you need have no worries about the fuji, the lenes are the sharpest around. I used to have a GS645, the GA's predecessor, the results are as good as either my Mamiya6 or 'blad. The only problem was a rubish rangefinder, as the GA is auto focus you should not have a problem. Just keep a couple of spare sets of batteries in your bag!