1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Fuji-curious

Discussion in 'Fujifilm Cameras' started by cerebros, Jan 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. cerebros

cerebros Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've noticed that too (yes, despite not having, nor likely to have the money for a while yet, I have been keeping a look out). Hopefully that means the lens is that good that no-one wants to get rid of theirs...

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  2. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

That's the impression that I gotten from the customers we sold the Laowa lenses to :)
    Cheers,
    Jack

3. Sanjeev Nanda

Sanjeev Nanda Active Member

Fuji seems like a good option to be frank. I am really starting to dig a lot of their models currently. So many good cameras, yet such few money one has lol. I wish to get my hands on a mid-ranger sometime soon.
    ~Sanjeev Nanda

4. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Do not dismiss the X-T** range. Has most of the functions easily available and the important bits inside are the same as the X-T* range. Cheaper too. And still give good results.

S

Sanjeev Nanda and Terrywoodenpic like this.
  5. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

Between the X T3 and X T30 the quality of the images are identical, however some of the functionality is not included in the lesser model. such as waterproofing and tethering...... But it gains in lower weight and smaller size.
    So you are perhaps more likely to take it out and actually use it.

However if you do need the additional functionality the X T3 or 4 would be essential

I have both the X30 and XT30.... the X30 has a smaller sensor and fixed Zoom lens, but tends to come out with me even more often as a take anywhere camera.

I also have an XE2 which has a Samyang 7.5mm fish eye pretty much permanently attached, and used for doing 360 x 180 VR pans. (you do not need a higher pixel count for this, as displaying them would be more than problematic)
    It make a nice very compact, quick set up, system with a Nodal Ninja R20 rotator, mounted on a manfrotto 190proL tripod.

I keep each of my cameras with accessories, in separate sholder bags, ready to go. each with spare cards and charged batteries.

Sanjeev Nanda likes this.
  6. Sanjeev Nanda

7. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

The X-t10 is still a little cracker, despite being officially obsolete. Two chaps in the local club swear by them, and they are winners on the club and national circuits.

S

8. Sanjeev Nanda

I can see where they're coming from - Fuji cameras (I don't know if it's the way pictures come out in the end) have a certain timelessness attached to them. I found that Fuji invests a lot of their efforts in color contrast, and highlights - and that is their biggest strength in my opinion. Additionally, the X-T10 has that 'classic' Fuji look to it - and you know a lot of us are are suckers for that :p !

steveandthedogs likes this.
  9. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

There will now be a long, possibly acrimonious, discussion on the merits of X-trans v Bayer filters...

Impression I get from that there internet is that X-trans is good for lower pixel densities, Bayer for higher.

10. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Why? The only historic issue I can think of was that, in early days, the Adobe raw converter wasn't that good with X-trans and the Silky-Pix converter just awful to use. (BTW Silky-Pix seem to bring out a new version once a month. )

They didn't start with very low densities - they've gone from 16 to 24 to 26 MP on APS-C.

11. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

Last week, I had an offer from Fuji for free two day loans on some/all of their cameras and lenses, free delivery I think. The most popular models had all been booked out but you could register your interest.

12. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I got that email too. Part of me says, when the current crisis is over, I ought to drop into the London store next time I'm down there. Play with the lot!

They are still price dumping X-H1s! I must be the only person who likes it as a camera.

13. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

They have raised the prices again on Fuji refurbished.

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  14. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Sounds like Fuji UK is doing something similar to the Fuji Canada's 'Try and Buy" programme :)

Cheers,

Jack