1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuji 9500 anyone?

Discussion in 'Fujifilm Cameras' started by josieb, Dec 31, 2005.

1. josieb

josieb Member

Hello this is my first posting to this forum, I have had a digital camera for years but Im not very good with it. I find reading reviews confusing. I take a lot of photos of black dogs that don't stand still for long and quite often in low light. Using a tripod is not really an option as I need to move about, so I am thinking of something quick and stable and able to cope with low light Has anyone on this forum bought the Fuji 9500? I think I am interested in this camera or maybe the Sony R1. I have a Fuji 602 but it has dust in it, so I think its time to replace it. Can anyone let me know their thoughts on this please. phew I hope you can follow all that!!<span style="color:blue"> </span>

2. I like the idea of the fast f2.8 lens on the Panasonic DMC series - the FZ5, FZ 20 & FZ30 all have a fast Leica lens & image stabilisation. This would crack your dark subject under most conditions.

I was thinking about other brands like Fuji & Minolta, but Jessop's current £199 offer on the FZ20 was too tempting (they originally sold for over £450!)

Paul

3. martinfbrown

martinfbrown New Member

Hi,
    The S9500 is an excellent performer. I have had mine since Sept 05 and I am quite happy with it.
    Martin

4. FujiSigmaNolta

FujiSigmaNolta Well-Known Member

The S9500 is a good camera but performance wise its predecessors leave it trailing in my opinion. The S9500 has got a good ISO range but I personally think that the S20pro's SR sensor is probably the best in the Fuji compacts range, even though its images are smaller. Fuji is probably the only manufacturer at the moment that embarked on a pixel quality is better than pixel quantity campaign and rightly so. See a few examples its colours and dynamic range straight out of the camera, the only thing done to the images is a 50% resize.

Click on the links below...

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/druberfunk/Eyesore.jpg

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/druberfunk/pigeon_eaterie.jpg

Regards,

Provia_fan

5. murph

murph New Member

I purchased the 9500 recently and find it a wonderful camera, i used to have an SLR with some lens's but the lens on the 9500 covers everything i need( 28-300mm 35 equiv )its also a sharp performer so no worries there.
    80 to 1600 iso range and 3 film settings, normal. chrome and B&W, brilliant, buy one , you wont be sorry.

6. Gordon_McGeachie

Gordon_McGeachie In the Stop Bath

I think it looks like a good runner, I am thinking about treating my other half to it slightly bigger brother though (The 9600)after downloading and reading the brochures from the Fuji website www.fujifilm.co.uk