1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FP4 at EI400

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by tamos, Jan 20, 2003.

1. tamos

tamos Member

A friend (not me honest) has exposed a 35mm roll of FP4 at EI400. The developer at college is ID11 and I've got some microphen. Can anyone suggest a rescue plan? Dilutions, times, temperatures?

Thanks in advance

2. Wilko

Wilko Well-Known Member

Do you mean EI400 or ISO (ASA) 400? Are they calling it EI these days?
    ISO 400 is only pushed 2 stops so if you look at the massive developing chart

D-76/ID-11 50 6.5 20°C
    D-76/ID-11 125 8.5 20°C
    D-76/ID-11 200 10 20°C
    D-76/ID-11 (1 1) 50 8 20°C
    D-76/ID-11 (1 1) 125 11 20°C
    D-76/ID-11 (1 1) 200 15 20°C
    D-76/ID-11 (1 3) 50 17 20°C
    D-76/ID-11 (1 3) 125 20 20°C

It doesn't give times for ID11/400ASA but does give them for one or two other developers at ISO500.
    Neat ID11 looks as though 12.5 - 13 minutes at 20 deg C is about right.

Oh, I've just noticed, Microphen is 15.5 minutes at 20 deg C for FP4 rated at ISO400

[​IMG] Wilko FRIPN

3. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

You CANNOT expose FP4 at ISO 400. You CAN expose it at EI 400. The whole point about a film speed is that it is supposed to be standard (hence it follows norms laid down by the ISO, and previously the ASA, DIN and even BSI). An EI is simply a personal re-rating of the film speed.

Nick BSRIPN

4. Wilko

Wilko Well-Known Member

Well, I'd say .... I rated it at 400ASA by accident (or my mate did). EI - I must remember that one.

[​IMG] Wilko FRIPN

5. BigWill

BigWill Gorgeous oversensitive Nikon-loving cream puff

........why do I get an orrible feeling that Larry is going to come in here at any minute and say that you CAN expose FP4 at 400iso! /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

Big(Now Larry, say after me.......35mm film is 35mm wide! /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif)Will

<font color=blue>I'm sailing like a driftwood on a windy bay!<font color=black>

6. Canonball

Canonball Well-Known Member

/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

Geoff

7. BigWill

BigWill Gorgeous oversensitive Nikon-loving cream puff

Wotcha Geoff!

........hello you old bollocks you! Where've ya bin hiding yourself!

Big(He's probably bought another camera since I've last seen him you know!)Will

<font color=blue>I'm sailing like a driftwood on a windy bay!<font color=black>

8. Clive

Clive Well-Known Member

Re: Wotcha Geoff Indeed

So where'syabin Geoff? We all thought you must have the contract for 100,000 desert suits by next week. Or that you had bought a Nikon and gone into hiding. Or that you had set up a loan company for aspiring undergraduates. Anyway - nice to see you back /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

And I shoot lots of films at ISOs so there /img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

9. Canonball

Canonball Well-Known Member

Re: Wotcha Geoff Indeed

'ere, wash your mouth out, Clive!

A bloody Nikon indeed. I have standards, Y'know! /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

Geoff