1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Found!

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by robbybobby, Jun 13, 2003.

1. JMACNALLY

JMACNALLY RIP

The Wista is a wooden 5x4 [​IMG]
    I will develop the roll film tonight and post a sample. I rose at 4am and motored out to Flamborough to catch the sunrise, but it was cloudy until 3pm!

Johnmac
    If at first you don't succeed, ring the Help Line.

2. jonlee

jonlee Well-Known Member

That's similar to the Gandolphi (wrong spelling?). I remember they used to have wooden tripod too. The good old days. John, it's always the way. When you want the sun, it's never there. When you just want bright overcast, it's p**ing down or the sun is beaming. Well, at least you are dedicated. That's what matters. Look forward to see your shot.
    Jon

3. jonlee

jonlee Well-Known Member

'90mm....bellows not retreat enough..'
    Rob, I remember seeing a plastic cup being used. With the cup up-side-down, fitting into the bellows, can be secured onto lens plate part, and fix 90mm lens onto bottom of cup. Basically, a sunken lens mount to shorten the distance between lens and negative. BTW, I have a 'Prefect' half plate(larger than 5/4) cold cathode enlarger. Physical height upto 8'6" when sat on table. With 105mm and 150mm Rodenstock lenses. I have not used it for a few years. That reminds me to sell the darkroom gear soon, so I can get a Nikon lens.
    I did not trust the red filter. White light may not go through the filter, but reflects and boucing around the room and left long enough, slightly fogs the paper. Also, I check for light leakage on the lamp head. I used tape to block any leakage.
    I was in a dark room with about eight enlargers. When one person pulled out the neg carrier without switching off the enlarger lamp, lighting the whole darkroom. I've never seen bodies moving so quickly to block the light off their paper on the base boards.
    Sorry, gone on a little too long.
    Jon

4. robbybobby

robbybobby Well-Known Member

My 'darkroom' is a loft, so it's got fairly dark brickwork. I might post a pic of it in the Lounge.

Rob CRIPN

If something's not worth doing, it's worth forgetting about.

5. JMACNALLY

JMACNALLY RIP

My earliest memories are carrying my Dad's Gandolfi tripod to school photo shoots etc. Those big brass wing nuts and sliding struts were murder on the shoulders! I have to go and see some sky and sea every now and then or I'd go mad! Still trying to fit in a week-end in Scotland, but the family won't let me alone!

Johnmac
    If at first you don't succeed, ring the Help Line.

6. jonlee

jonlee Well-Known Member

Hi John, so your Dad is a professional photographer. I'll give myself away now John. I studied photography, and Gandolfi's were the first years 5/4 cameras. Then, we progressed to Cambos. We only had one Sinar in the whole college. I managed to talk my way into getting my hands on the Sinar. Other student thought it look too complicated.
    I'm very pleased that you helped Rob out with all the gear. This is the spirit of the forum.
    Jon

7. robbybobby

robbybobby Well-Known Member

I'm pleased too./img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

I've got a Johnmaccie 54 camera./img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

Rob CRIPN

If something's not worth doing, it's worth forgetting about.