1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Forfar In Scotland (5)

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by stevanhogg, Jan 23, 2013.

1. stevanhogg

stevanhogg Member

Forfar Coutties Wynd
    [​IMG]

Forfar East High Street
    [​IMG]

Forfar East High Street
    [​IMG]

Forfar Reid Park In Winter
    [​IMG]

Forfar Top Of Coutties Wynd
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2013
  2. LargeFormat

LargeFormat Well-Known Member

Re: Forfar In Scotland

Welcome to the forum.

If you were a seasoned poster I'd be asking whether Top Of Coutties Wynd is built over mine workings or in an earthquake area.:D (The buildings aren't vertical)

3. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

Hi and welcome. File sizes were fine. But image sizes exceeded the forum guidelines which can be found in the HOW TO POST IMAGES & LINKS sticky above.

There is no need for you to take any action on your existing images. Just future ones. If you'd like some critique. Then post an image in the Appraisal Gallery.

Thanks!

4. Bawbee

Bawbee Well-Known Member

Aye, that's Forfar for you; that's why they built a by-pass on the A90 :p ;)

Mind you, Forfar Loch can be quite photogenic, in the right light.

5. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

How can you possibly have pictures of Forfar without one of a bridie? :rolleyes:

6. Bawbee

Bawbee Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that is a bakery on the left in #2; therefore a bridie shop :cool:

7. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

Never mind the bridie (even if you are a dyslexic golfer), where's a shot of my favourite Chinese restaurant?

8. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Wasn't the bridie first made in Glamis, anyway?

Adrian

9. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Possibly, but not the first Forfar Bridie... ;)

Must say it's one of the things about Scotland I miss most - the Forfar Bridie is so much better than even the best Cornish Pasty.

OP - sorry for kidnapping your thread!

10. stevanhogg

stevanhogg Member

Forfar

Forfar St James's Road
    [​IMG]

Lyninghills Forfar
    [​IMG]

Lour Road Forfar
    [​IMG]

Dundee Road Winter
    [​IMG]

Graham Crescent
    [​IMG]

11. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

Somewhat disturbingly, I find that it is nearly 5 years since I took this (in Forfar):
    [​IMG]

12. stevanhogg

stevanhogg Member

Forfar Snow
    [​IMG]

13. stevanhogg

stevanhogg Member

Forfar Graham Crescent
    [​IMG]

Forfar Graham Crescent
    [​IMG]

Forfar Graham Crescent
    [​IMG]

Forfar Graham Crescent
    [​IMG]

14. dachs

dachs Well-Known Member

thank you for stirring some 35 year old memories, also thanks for saving me the effort to re-visit Graham Crescent! Quite a collection.

You know how we cluster around 100 year old town scenes hung on the walls of local pubs? Mundane but fascinating to see the original high street etc. Well, these will be like that within 50 yers time (when Forfar possibly looks like New York by then....)

15. miked

miked Well-Known Member

When I saw the title of this thread I couldn not resist: East Fife 4, Forfar 5.

16. dachs

dachs Well-Known Member

that's a much needed grin, thanks! Brings us all down to earth. [​IMG]

17. gray1720

Maybe it's just because I'm from East Anglia, where we have a dubious tendency to paint cottages pink (eg http://www.bestofsuffolk.co.uk/pink.asp), but I've always felt that a lick of paint on the ubiquitous grey harl wouldn't half brighten the place up. It's not too bad when the sun is out, but on a dreich day...

Mind you, Aberdeen in the sunshine (ie not that often) shines like silver, and the Mareschal College looks like Cair Paravel, so it isn't all bad.

Adrian

18. thornrider

thornrider In the Stop Bath

Someone on TV the other week said he thought Brechin Nil was a place.:)

19. Bawbee

Bawbee Well-Known Member

Adrian,

I'm not sure when you were last in Aberdeen but it is/has gone downhill in the beautiful city stakes. When I first arrived in the city in the late 70's it was a contender for the Britain in Bloom competition but no more. I was taught at school that the city's nickname was The Silver City with the Golden Sands and I found this to be true - then. Nowadays it is dismal, the granite does not shine on Union Street and the want to develop the Union Terrace Gardens.

One plus is Marischal College; which has just had a fair bit of money spent on it as it is to become, or maybe became, the council HQ.

20. gray1720

First and only time so far last June, Bawbee, on the way back from Shetland. We got sun, showers, and nearly everything bar snow and haar, so saw it in all sorts of lights. Would like to have seen it at its best, in that case!

Adrian
    (and I obviously can't spell Maris... Mares... you know!)