1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Fonts

Discussion in 'Web Sites of Interest' started by tincup, Dec 17, 2007.

1. tincup

tincup Well-Known Member

2. manteys

manteys Member

3. Lounge Lizard

Lounge Lizard Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link but it would be nice if they categorised their fonts in some way instead of having to wade through them all. :(

4. Rhys

Rhys Sasquatch

How do you go about using these fonts then? I was wondering if there was a way of putting them in PS7?

5. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

I've found the easiest way to use fonts is with The Font Thing.

I've created a folder in My Documents (My Fonts) where I keep all the fonts I have - some 3500 - and using The Font Thing I can install/uninstall fonts as I need them (to have all of them in the system fonts folder would be disastrous).

Fonts installed appear in PS and other applications. :)

6. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

That's handy.

THanks TFC

7. Lounge Lizard

Download what you want to a folder, extract the contents if necessary, go to Control Panel, open the Fonts applet, go to File | Install New Font... , navigate to where you extracted these fonts, wait for Windows to read them and then build the list of fonts for you to choose from, choose and click OK. The fonts will then be available to any Windows application.

8. Lounge Lizard

It's a pity that it hasn'r been updated for over 8 years. If it's simple enough, it will work with newer versions of Windows but there'll come a time when any system DLLs it calls just won't want to know. :(

9. manteys

manteys Member

10. Lounge Lizard

It would be nice if it were possible to browse uninstalled fonts as easily as installed fonts though. That's the big drawback of most of these font utilities. :(

11. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

I used to have a utility to do just that, you specified what directory you had all the fonts stored in and you could browse through them at your leisure.

Will have to check my old backups to see if I have a copy still...

12. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

I'm saying nowt... :rolleyes:

13. fred333

fred333 Member

Nice site thanks.

14. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Which one, or is it a general statement on the forums

15. Rhys

Rhys Sasquatch

Cheers for that, just loaded The Font Thing :)