1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flywheel.

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by corncrake, Oct 31, 2015.

1. corncrake

corncrake Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

May I have your opinion on this shot.

2. Sejanus.Aelianus

Sejanus.Aelianus In the Stop Bath

It looks like you've put the filename of your picture, where you meant to put the URL of the image.

3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

You cannot share your desktop. You have to put the image in the internet and then put the address of the image in the post. The instructions are in the first post in this forum.

4. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

This happens every time John tries to post a pic here. I'm sure he'll get there in the end.;)

5. corncrake

Re: Flywheel....sorry folks

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
  6. dream_police

For me there is no point of interest. There is an OOF guy rubbing his eyes and some people in the background looking at what I do not know. I am trying to figure out the title and what reference there is to the picture but I am lost so wonder if i'm missing something.

7. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

I think I know what's going on. They are all watching the Tall Ships go past (but I was there ;)) Either that or watching the Red Arrows.

8. corncrake

Hi Nige......before I thoroughly ######ed up the posting the title of that shot would have been (the Watchers) the person doing the eye rubbing is being watched......That person IS the subject......they ALL are watching
    Cheers,
    John, aka...Corncrake.

[​IMG]20150801_154245 by john morton, on Flic

Hopefully this is it...

9. corncrake

Hi Beatnik69...Red Arrows.

10. dream_police

John, I hate to say this but I cannot think of anything positive to say about the photograph. There appears to be nothing at all in focus including the flywheel, the table or the wall and if there was it would be just be a poorly composed record shot.

11. corncrake

Hi folks......I appreciate the honest answers...Why can I not see when taking close ups that the focus is off...no tripod,hand held. memo...Use steadier in future...
    Cheers,
    John.

12. Ffolrord

Ffolrord Well-Known Member

Did you get a shot of the Red Arrows? Photographing people at an event often works very well, as long as the shot imparts some flavour of the event itself. The out of focus subject gives no clues to what we are looking at and so it isn't really working for me I'm afraid.

13. dream_police

Does your camera have AF? If so I would have thought it would indicate to you when it is in focus. If not auto then if it appears in focus when you look through the viewfinder, but looks like this when taken, then has the viewfinder been adjusted to your eyesight? Could the camera/lens be at fault? What is the shutter speed etc? Is it too slow for handheld? Do you have particularly unsteady hands? Are you too close to the subject for the lens to focus?

When you posted these did you know that you were posting an out of focus image?

14. corncrake

Hi folks,
    you asked some very relevant questions, my camera is a manual slr canon fi 35mm film...... Lens Macro fd 50mm I think the speed was fairly high aperture and speed controlled by metering system the viewer I retrofitted a +3 diopter Fujii lens to it. this camera is heavy and takes some getting used to...i can usually manage to controll the shaking of my arms (parkinsons)......Focus ...perhaps the ongoing cat and rat in my vision. in answer to your last point , yes I did know that it may be seen by the appriser as not in good focus.
    A long departed friend and excellent photographer gave me some very good advice
    <you see the shot take it>
    Cheers,
    John.

15. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Dear John,

Looks like woeful camera shake to me = use a tripod.

In order to swap her English driving license for French, Frances had to see a neurologist to prove that it was an hereditary tremor, not Parkinsons (the GP diagnosed Parkinson's). The shaky hands are much the same.

Use MUCH faster film (or higher ISO) or a tripod.

EDIT (from Frances): "Or any combination thereof".

Sorry,

R.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
  16. corncrake

already posted this message sorry for that...

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015