1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flying high...maybe next week...

Discussion in 'General Equipment Chat & Advice' started by Britcat100, Sep 1, 2001.

1. Britcat100

Britcat100 Active Member

Well there I was all prepared to go flying, with all the good advice on board.
    Gemmed up the good woman on what you'd said, armed her with the camera (told her not to break it, as she was thoroughly filling her pants at the time :) )
    Then it started to rain, then the windscreen wiper motor died, then I rescheduled it to Friday 7th..so any more advice will be accepted gratefully as per usual.
    Where do I post the pictures afterwards then?
    And as I have only just started photography (and I mean only just - time is limited, only just learnt to drive - not got a car....poor me [I know I'm 30 but give me a break, I'm lazy OK], only managed to run about 7 films off in 3 months) don't expect the photos to be any good...but can i get some constructive criticism on some of the ones that I think are better of you more experienced and kindly souls.
    Cheers Niall.

2. BigWill

BigWill Gorgeous oversensitive Nikon-loving cream puff

HE CAN'T DRIVE A CAR AND HE'S FLYING A PLANE! Help, lemmie outta here! Well anyway Niall, assuming you actually live to post the things, the place to put your photos is http://communities.msn.co.uk/APMembersGallery. Have to apply for membership first but only a formality (I got in!) and you are notified by E-Mail when you are accepted. Look forward to seeing the piccies.
    BigWill

3. Britcat100

Britcat100 Active Member

Thanks Big Will, I find it a minor miracle when I get a reply immediately as I'm used to everyone being in bed and me at work, so I just had to type a reply, just for the hell of it...I passed my test last month - the car scares me more than the plane, and it will be novel for me to go up in one and not have to jump out of it!
    Niall:)

4. SCT

SCT Well-Known Member

Don't worry mate. The number of times I have taxied out. Then when asked for depature to be told the weather is closing in. So return back.

well I at least I can now taxi back on froe.

Steve C Thompson IRIPN

5. BigWill

BigWill Gorgeous oversensitive Nikon-loving cream puff

You mean you JUMP OUT OF THE CAR! This guy is a worse driver than I thought!
    BigWill /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

6. Canonball

Canonball Well-Known Member

Bet you're really pleased you asked eh, Niall?
    BigWill's words of wisdom must be the source of great comfort and encouragement.

Geoff

7. Britcat100

Britcat100 Active Member

I might make other people want to jump out of the car but unless I buy chitty-chitty-bang-bang then I certainly won't be doing it myself!