1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Flown the nest!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by spangler, Mar 19, 2012.

1. spangler

spangler Well-Known Member

Hurrah, two months short of her thirty first birthday my daughter has left home! No more queues for the bathroom in the morning, no more hair clogging the plug holes, no more storming off in a huff when "The Archers" comes on, no more moaning when there's country music on the radio, no more Converse trainers scattered about the sitting room floor...

Ah, bliss! Andrew

2. mediaman

mediaman Well-Known Member

Give it a week....and you will miss her and want her back :p

3. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

Sounds more like 30 going on 13...:rolleyes:

4. Rupert49

Rupert49 Well-Known Member

Wait till she comes to visit for a night .. you just won't believe the stuff she'll bring with her which she simply can't exist without - innumerable changes of clothing because she won't know whether she's going out with Mum & Dad or with friends still in the Aylesbury area; a make-up bag as big as a suitcase that sounds like a skip unloading when she tips its contents out onto the bathroom sill; the bleep-bleep sound of her mobile phone going off all the time, even when you're sitting quietly in the living room together catching up with chat or idly watching TV (the flippin' thing won't appear to actually possess an 'off' switch).

And then there's the appalling realisation of how small your home is now she's back in it again .. was there really room for all of you for thirty-odd years?

Good luck to her .. of course you'll miss her when she's not there, but you'll heave a huge sigh of relief when she's safely back in her own place again, and the kitchen and bathroom are yours once more! :cool:

5. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Do what I did and as soon as you can afford it, but don't need it anymore, move to a house with two bathrooms and three khazis. ;)

6. DaveM399

DaveM399 Well-Known Member

Many years ago, a mate of mine (still living at home) was in the merchant navy and did a six month trip away at sea. In that period, his parents moved without telling him!

7. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

Now that sounds like a plan!

We didn't get rid of stepson (AKA parasitic haemorrhoid) until he was 33, not heard from him in well over a year - bliss! Think he's got a wedding in the offing, pity I won't be able to go --- not!!!!!!!!

8. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

Congratulations! Now turn that Country and western carp off it doin ma heid in.

Graeme

9. RonM

RonM Alpha Napper

First order of business.......Change the Locks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

She probably has some redeeming features, so why not have built on an extra room, complete with time-locks on the doors into the main house, (plus oversized cat-flap to pass the food through) and her own separate front door into that part of the house? As for the bathroom and toilet, an outside karzi should suffice whilst a tin hip-bath with taps and a shower hose on it, should do the job for that ... But maybe people think I'm being a tad too callous?

11. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Not at all my "daughter" (recently adopted) is 32-year old Californian pyromaniac-best kind!

12. Footloose

So, fireworks are to be expected?

13. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

I should be so lucky!

She does fire dancing- you know setting fire to a 20 feet whip/handling blazing fans etc

14. snowqueen

snowqueen Well-Known Member

Turn her room into a mini studio!

15. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Indeed. I am not sure that AP would be all that impressed by a 20 foot flaming whip but you might get something into BJP, especially if you add some S and M leather .

16. Toast

Toast Well-Known Member

Another of life's milestone's has passed then.. kids leave home..

17. Footloose

Surely that should read ...
    Another of life's millstone's has passed then.. kids leave home.. :D

18. spangler

spangler Well-Known Member

Excellent, LOL!

I did think her leaving would liberate some space in the house but apparently her cottage is so small that she can't take everything so I have a room full of stuff including a double bed base. She's taken the mattress because her partner's is broken! Doesn't look like I'll have a study for a while yet. At least toilet roll usage has significantly declined!

Pip pip! Andrew

19. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

My folks resorted to setting a time limit for removal of stuff last year. Don't think I had anything still to remove but my two brothers did.....it got them off their arses and now my Dad has converted the garage into a studio/office.

They even had a skip in the garden for all the building junk so it really was come and get it before it goes in the bin:eek: