1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

flowers

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by Dan S, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Dan S

Dan S Well-Known Member

I have been setting up flowers to photograph while in lockdown and these are the ones I took today

[​IMG]flower-9 by Dan, on Flickr

[​IMG]pink flower by Dan, on Flickr

2. Gary Cantwell

Gary Cantwell Member

Lovely vibrant colours.
    I have been doing the same

Dan S likes this.
  3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

The bottom one is a bit turned away to be a "classic" flower shot. The top flower is nice but what did you do with the background? It looks most odd. Have you been inverting colour channels or something in the tone curve?

4. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Agree the flowers are lovely, but something going on with that background. Blue where you'd expect to see a lighter strip.

5. Dan S

Dan S Well-Known Member

Good point, I don't know what happened there. I'll go back to them later and see what's going on.

6. Dan S

Dan S Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  7. Dan S

Dan S Well-Known Member

8. Dan S

Dan S Well-Known Member

I'd like to see them, put them in the Quarantine thread in exhibitions section for non appraisal :)

9. Dan S

Dan S Well-Known Member

I did brush the backgound and warmed it up, but the brush missed the lighter areas. So I re-did it and then changed the hue of the blues to get rid of what was left of the blue.

10. PeteRob

If you did that in raw then you must have pushed it out of gamut when converted to jpg. If messing with hue adjustments it is worth softproofing, it is too easy to create something horrible. Background looks much better now.

Dan S likes this.
  11. Dan S

Dan S Well-Known Member

OK, I didn't know that, thank you :)

12. PeteRob

Especially if you use a wide gamut monitor!

13. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Very nice now.

Dan S likes this.