1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flickr Pro 25% discount

Discussion in 'Computer Related Help & Discussion' started by Bazarchie, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

Did anyone else get an email from Flickr offering a 25% discount for their Pro offering? The accompanying message did not seem that positive to me.

2. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Yes. I went Pro years ago but gave up when smugmug took over. The lack of my old Groups led me to give up. I still have a load of photos on there but I only use it to search my tags for certain types of photos. I would miss that facility, but I'm not buying a new Pro account.

3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Yes, I posted this in another thread. I don't think the discount is for existing Pro members, rather an encouragement to free users to sign up. I wait with interest to see the prices before I decide to renew - I was on 2 years for ~$45 contract.

4. Scphoto

Scphoto Well-Known Member

Yeah, I got the begging email from them. I dropped Pro when they doubled the cost, now it's only 50% more!!. To be honest I've not really used it lately - also it's not a storage tool for me, so loosing anything over the 1000 image limit isn't a problem.

Catriona likes this.
  5. James8arthur

James8arthur Well-Known Member

No, but I get advertisements for the same thing whilst I'm browsing though my photos (every 4th-5th one). I need the pro if I want to stop the adverts obviously, but then I don't really need to use Flickr to look at my own stuff anyway. I'm over the 800 mark with my load count, one more holiday will take it to 1000 & then it's bye bye Flickr.

6. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

I have all but ditched Flickr these days. It wasn't storage for me although it was convenient to be able to scroll through by dates to find things when I'd forgotten when I'd taken them - let me go to my own files and dig out the relevant TIFF. But I can't say I miss it - certainly not enough to pay for it.

Catriona likes this.
  7. Scphoto

Scphoto Well-Known Member

Another begging email today - hopefully unsubscribing will help!

8. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

Yes I got one too My life on Flickr started back in the days when BT Internet offered it as part of the package. I've not uploaded anything in ages. I still appear to be a mod on one of the Olympus Trip Groups for some reason even though I've not been near it in years.

9. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Nice to know there's another Trip fan around, anyway!