1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flash recommendations

Discussion in 'Olympus Chat' started by Spyder01, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Spyder01

Spyder01 Member

I'm really happy with my MK1 OM-D E-M5 apart from the flash struggles. What have others found suits portrait work or close-up work? Happy to buy second hand or new, don't really want to spend huge amounts at this stage, but recognise that you get what you pay for! Thanks for your help

2. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

Which flash have you got? The little tilt-and-swivel LM3 unit or the non-swivel one that came with earlier models such as the PEN range?
    Actually I am not sure if the LM3 is compatible with the Mk 1, I know it works with the Mk II
    EDIT: It isn't: https://cs.olympus-imaging.jp/en/support/imsg/digicamera/compati/pen_flashes.cfm

The FL-300R is a good small unit, beyond that the genuine Olympus flashguns start to get expensive. Yongnuo and Nissin do some good Olympus-compatible flashes; remember that most Lumix-fit flash guns will work as they should all be micro-four-thirds compatible

3. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

I find the Nissin i40 perfect for what I need.

4. alfbranch

alfbranch Well-Known Member

I agree but also the slightly larger but cheaper Nissin Di466

5. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

OP not seen here since December 5th........
    Waste not your words of advice