1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Fisheye examples

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by Benchista, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Great stuff, thanks for sharing. I think I had seen a couple of those before, but I'm impressed with all of them. Not sure I could do the same with a fisheye. Well done. :)

2. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

These are all the ones I have on the web at the moment - certainly some have been here before. I wouldn't normally dream of showing so many at the same time, as it can get very boring. But you only need to take one shot with it to make it worth the effort of carrying it. I'm always looking for the fisheye shot, but not necessarily for the distortion - any straight lines that pass through the centre of the frame remain straight, and if you frame carefully, the impact comes from the unusual framing rather than the distortion. The best thing about it is it really makes you think - for that alone, it's worth it's weight in gold for me.

3. Scphoto

Scphoto Well-Known Member

It is a superb lens. I'm glad I got mine a few years back. I won't crash Nicks thread with images so I'll leave a few links to some of my EF15mm Fisheye images.

Malvern Hills

NIA Birmingham

Brum skyline

4. miked

miked Well-Known Member

Minack works wonderfully well but the one that pushes my button is The White Mountain shot - it's just made for that view. Marvellous.