1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

FirstReview, 2009

Discussion in 'FirstViews [Archive]' started by huwevans, Dec 14, 2009.

?

How much cooking do you do at home?

1. All

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Some

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. None

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Nah, just mega busy. I'm around, just not as much as usual.

2. Scphoto

Scphoto Well-Known Member

Right, voted. Reminds me I should put a picture up each month next year. This year I did take a picture every 1st of the month, but I forgot to post a few :(

3. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

You can still post them to the FV Gallery - it would be nice to have them in the archive, even if they weren't uploaded at the time. Tell you what - if you do that I'll even re-open the respective picture threads here on the forum so they can be posted here too! How's that for service? ;)

4. Longun

Longun Well-Known Member

I didn't even realise it was there until I saw this thread :eek: :eek: I've uploaded my December one. I plan to do more next year :D :D

5. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Well, yeah - we've only been going on about it in every reminder thread and every picture thread since January 2007. ;) ;) ;)

But for anyone else who skipped over those and doesn't know, we have a dedicated hosting site for FirstView images, which we encourage FirstViewers to use so that we can be more sure of maintaining a long term archive and keeping the picture threads on the forum complete.

FirstView Gallery

6. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

Go on then, Huw. Seeing as you're not really here and all.

7. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Well, when I see that peeps are uploading FirstView pictures to the gallery, I'll re-open the picture threads. There's one new one (from Longun) in the December gallery at the moment, so I'll open the December picture thread. More picture threads will be re-opened if people upload the images, but I stress that (since we're doing this retrospectively) we do need people to be honest about when they took the images - they must have been taken on the 1st of the respective month or they're not eligible.

8. Scphoto

Scphoto Well-Known Member

I'll fire up Lightroom* and dig out the shots (not updated my personal firstview gallery for a while either!).

As for the service it's great!

*not tonight, i'm tired

9. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Excellent! Am just off to open the picture threads now. :)

10. zx9

zx9 Well-Known Member

Thank you Huw I am upto date now having just posted my missing Aug. Sept. and October frist views both here and in the FW gallery. I will try to remember to post on time next year.

11. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Re: FirstReview, 2009 - Voting closed, results now visible

Brilliant - thanks Keith - and Steve, and I see Trudy has loaded some more into the gallery site too. I'm glad we did this - the more we can populate the gallery site, the more enjoyable, and fascinating FirstView is going to be as we all look back on it in years to come.

Indeed, I'd like to thank everyone who participated, not just in FirstView throughout the year, but also in the review. For myself, I usually feel this is the point in the year when I most clearly see the value of the effort put in, and get most enjoyment out of it.

Anyway, those of you who have looked back at the polls will see that they're all now closed, and the results are visible. And, would you Adam an' Eve it, a number of the votes are tied! I didn't plan for that. [​IMG]

Well, what I've decided to do, rather than to try to have some sort of further tie-breaking process, is to just accept the result as is, and include all the tied images. And then I thought, oh what the heck - why not bung the whole lot in? So I hope none of you will feel that I wasted your time getting you to vote, but we're going to have a rather bigger Review Gallery than was originally envisaged. All of the above images will go in, plus some that were voted for by pm under the 'other' category, plus a few more to even up the numbers.

It will take a little while to hammer out the details and construct the review page, but TFC assures me that he and his team of little helpers are working flat out to get it sorted. Meantime, we've installed this little web-cam so you can keep an eye on progress:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bHN1TOxjKzg&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bHN1TOxjKzg&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>