1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FirstReview, 2009

Discussion in 'FirstViews [Archive]' started by huwevans, Dec 14, 2009.

?

How much cooking do you do at home?

1. All

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Some

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. None

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

Err, no, it's reminding I need help with, but if you could provide me with baby sitting services, get my list of to do jobs whittled down and take my wife out for the day then I might have time to do it. :D

2. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

I set me phone to remind meself, set to repeat on the first of every month :eek:

EDIT: In fact Entourage reminds me as well in the calendar. But i had forgotten that when I first posted this. I have a memory like a big colander with giant holes in. Thus many reminders...

3. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

I have umpteen reminders pinging via Stickies, I'd be lost without them. :eek:

I would use the phone (HTC Tattoo) too but it's relatively new and I'm beginning to regret getting it - it's running up data charges and I can't fathom why or how to stop it, might be summink to do with Google Android - so it may end up in the bin and me reverting back to me trusty old Nokia (which I can fathom and doesn't run up excess charges).

4. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Tuh! Call yourself a photographer? You want to get your priorities straight, lad! ;)

Nah, seriously - just pop a compact in your pocket, carry it around all day on the 1st of the month, take a picture now and again of what you get up to, or things that you see, or whatever grabs you during your day, and then post it some time in the next few days. Simples. So, no more excuses, eh? :)

5. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

I have to have a reminder to remind me to post the thread to remind forum members! :eek: Then I have a reminder to post the picture and comments threads on evening before the 1st, and then I have a reminder to remind me to actually stick the Fuji in my pocket and use it. Complicated stuff. :)

6. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

That's the bit I have most trouble with! That and the fact that some days I don't even make it out of the house.

7. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

This is how many reminders I set myself:

[​IMG]

And they remind me again and again, I snooze them all a squillion times and still forget to get stuff done :eek:

8. TheFatControlleR

You forgot about the reminder to remind me to set a reminder to remind me to set up the new album on the FV archive site. ;)

9. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

What date is this FirstView thing anyway, Ive forgot.. :D

10. TheFatControlleR

P'ah. You have all month to post it, and it only takes two minutes to resize, two minutes to post on the FV Gallery, and two minutes to post it here... :rolleyes:

As for not leaving the house, you don't have to.

11. TheFatControlleR

I have to have post-reminder reminders (plus the snoozes), the initial reminders going off in good time. :)

12. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

Yeah. Do it while youre in the bath or... on the loo :) That would be, uh, interesting :)

13. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Don't worry - I'll remind you nearer the time. :)

14. TheFatControlleR

Thankfully, when I'm in the bath there's no room for a camera... or much water for that matter. :rolleyes:

15. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

Where'd ya keep the soap?! :eek: :D :D

16. TheFatControlleR

yes, it does...

Ooops, sorry, wrong gag. :eek:

17. Fen

Fen The Destroyer

You have nuns in the bath as well ? :D

18. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

There's not much point posting if you don't get it in in the first few days though.

Still, I promise to try to do better next year. :cool:

19. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

Oh I think Nick's posted several months late before :D

Where is he anyway, not seen him since his birthday. Still pissed?

20. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Yup - three months late, to be precise.

Come on Barney - here's a challenge for you: see if you can post a FirstView picture inside Nick's record time! ;)