1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

FirstReview, 2009

Discussion in 'FirstViews [Archive]' started by huwevans, Dec 14, 2009.

?

How much cooking do you do at home?

1. All

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Some

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. None

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Well, FirstViewers, here we are again at year's end - another twelve months completed, and FirstView keeps on rolling along. So, it's time for a review of the year, and this time we're going to make a special one-page, 12-image, Review Gallery over on the FirstView Gallery site, and you're all going to decide which image we use to represent each month of the FirstView year.

Now, because it's going to be on the gallery site, only images hosted there can be included, but you can still remind us all of any non-gallery images that you feel deserve another airing - assuming they're still available on-line.

For the purposes of the Review Gallery, though, what I've done is made a shortlist of three images from each month. What we'd like you to do is cast a vote for which one you would like to be used for each month of 2009. So, after this post will follow a poll for each month, with the three shortlisted images. If you'd really like to vote for an image that isn't on the list there will be an 'other' option, and you can state in your reply which one you prefer. And if enough people share that preference it will go in instead, so all's fair - okay? But remember - one choice only per member. As mentioned above, if your favourite from any month is one that is not hosted on the gallery site, then by all means tell us, but of course we can't include it on the review page, so do please still vote on that. Finally, I'll keep the polls open for, say, 10 days, so you have plenty of time to choose.

Well, I hope that's all more or less clear. It will take me a little while to set up all the polls and post the shortlists, so do bear with me. In the meantime, here's the 2009 FirstView Gallery index page. Happy reviewing! :)

[Edit: I should have said - the shortlists are just my own selections - I've tried to spread the choices around a bit so that no-one is over-represented, and tried to include a variety of types of image, etc. But as stated above, you are free to make a different selection if you wish.]

2. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Re: FirstReview, 2009 - January Poll

Shortlist:

APchris:
    [​IMG]

zx9:
    [​IMG]

Mr_Geoff:
    [​IMG]

3. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Re: FirstReview, 2009 - February Poll

Shortlist:

MickLL:
    [​IMG]

Fen:
    [​IMG]

APchris:
    [​IMG]

4. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Re: FirstReview, 2009 - March Poll

Shortlist:

SmokeJaguar:
    [​IMG]

snowqueen:
    [​IMG]

fabs:
    [​IMG]

5. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Re: FirstReview, 2009 - April Poll

Shortlist:

bagpuss:
    [​IMG]

ermintrude:
    [​IMG]

zx9:
    [​IMG]

6. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Re: FirstReview, 2009 - May Poll

Shortlist:

OneTen:
    [​IMG]

chr1s:
    [​IMG]

ermintrude:
    [​IMG]

7. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Re: FirstReview, 2009 - June Poll

Shortlist:

Fen:
    [​IMG]

Ian_A:
    [​IMG]

snowqueen:
    [​IMG]

8. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Re: FirstReview, 2009 - July Poll

Shortlist:

scphoto:
    [​IMG]

Benchista:
    [​IMG]

El Sid:
    [​IMG]

9. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Re: FirstReview, 2009 - August Poll

Shortlist:

MartyG:
    [​IMG]

bench_ubbster:
    [​IMG]

Hotblack:
    [​IMG]

10. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Re: FirstReview, 2009 - September Poll

Shortlist:

chr1s:
    [​IMG]

Wheelman:
    [​IMG]

Aliera:
    [​IMG]

11. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Re: FirstReview, 2009 - October Poll

Shortlist:

APchris:
    [​IMG]

TFC:
    [​IMG]

zedell:
    [​IMG]

12. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Re: FirstReview, 2009 - November Poll

Shortlist:

Dave Cox:
    [​IMG]

HuwEvans:
    [​IMG]

peterf:
    [​IMG]

13. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Re: FirstReview, 2009 - December Poll

Shortlist:

APchris:
    [​IMG]

MartyG:
    [​IMG]

scphoto:
    [​IMG]

14. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

all voted. Some nice picks there Huw

15. OneTen

OneTen 'Two Breakfasts'

Voted. I really enjoyed looking through those, excellent selection Huw and thanks for putting it together.

16. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Thanks guys - it was an enjoyable afternoon's reviewing for me. :)

Just to be clear - something else I forgot to say earlier - although I've made the polls secret until they are completed, if anyone wants to discuss their choices, talk about how the the FirstView year went, or whatever, please go right ahead. This is an open discussion thread, so by all means use it. :)

17. APchris

APchris Well-Known Member

Great choices Huw... brings back memories :)

4 shortlisted pics :eek: :eek: thanks Huw! :)

18. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Well, they were some striking images, Chris. I thought Erm played a blinder too. :)

19. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

I'm ashamed to say that I don't think I posted a single First View this year. :eek:

Now that I have my GF-1 I can see that changing next year though my problem is just as much not getting round to put the shot up onine as it is to take it in the first place. :eek: :eek:

20. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

What do you want - your own personal reminder thread??? ;)

Actually, two years ago I did give both Tanya and BigWill their own special reminder to try to get them to submit a FirstView shot. And it worked too ... with Tanya: she posted a shot the very next month. Never saw her again. As for BigWill - well, what do you think? ;)