1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First visit outside with the camera this year :O

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by Aspadora, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Aspadora

Aspadora Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

I've been very quiet over the last few months. I lost my enthusiasm completely, and then lockdown happened and I came to a standstill.

I had my first visit out over the weekend with the camera, unfortunately only got a few shots but am happy with the ones I got. Unfortunately, when I edited on my Mac I was happy with the editing, now that I'm on a Dell display they don't look so good. Hopefully my Mac's display is the one closest to everybody else's...

[​IMG]DSC_4788 by Michael, on Flickr

[​IMG]DSC_4780 by Michael, on Flickr

[​IMG]DSC_4777 by Michael, on Flickr

RogerMac and EightBitTony like this.
  2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Hi, they are nice. i'm going to have to look them up. You are not the only one having an off year - mid June and I've got 81 pics in Lightroom - 53 of them from January,

3. Aspadora

Haha I'm glad it's not just me... I'm hoping I'll have the motivation to go out every few weeks, now that Martin Mere's opened again. May as well get the most out of my subscription!

4. PeteRob

Ah Martin Mere explains the exotic. It is a good place for a day out. Quite a long trip for me. Been there 3 or 4 times I think - but there are not that many viewpoints that aren't hides so it must be quite difficult.

5. Aspadora

Yeah it's a really nice place to wander around, a bit expensive if you don't have a membership though. For me, it's a good place to practice,and easy for me to get to. But I do struggle with it having so many hides and my lack of long lenses. My 300mm just isn't enough unfortunately.

6. PeteRob

I just looked at what I have and indeed the action is all far away. There is nothing I've taken from a hide that I'd really call a keeper! The ornamental ducks are the best bet :)

Aspadora likes this.
  7. PeteE

PeteE Well-Known Member

Your photos look a bit 'Magenta' on my screen which is very accurate. You could add a bit of 'Green'

8. PeteRob

It's Exhibition Pete!

9. Aspadora

Ah that's interesting, I can't see that at all on mine! I'll have to bear that in mind in future edits. Thanks!

Haha to be fair I mentioned it looking differently on my screens so it's good to get an objective opinion :)

10. PeteRob

So you did, I was a bit hasty. Always worth calibrating your monitor. Natively my mac screen is “blue” and my NEC screen is “brown” and it is still, after 8 years or so, striking to see them snap together when the profiles get loaded during a system start.

Aspadora likes this.