1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

First Views, June 2020

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by EightBitTony, Jun 1, 2020.

1. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

As before, just point your camera at something on the 1st of the month and share it here. Arty, mundane, highbrow, lowbrow, in focus or out. Document your day or use the occasion to wow us - it's up to you.

Zou likes this.
  2. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

It's starting to look even messier.

20200601-M50-IMG_3367_x800_hq.jpg

Zou and Catriona like this.
  3. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Building works across the road...
    40043ces.jpg
    They've gone for a bigger crane - that's a big tree it's trying to hide behind - so probably at least two more storeys on the new building.

EightBitTony and Catriona like this.
  4. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

I've been in the garden trying to finish the hedge run. One section to go, but it was just too hot and my hands looked like red balloons, so I stopped.

here's the views there.

ap front looking south garden.jpg
    Looking South here's a colourful but crowded corner.

ap pink spirea front garden.jpg
    A profusion of pink! I attack it every year and it comes back twice as tall and wide.

ap bee on the thyme.jpg
    And near the front door, my thyme - being appreciated by more than me today.

Zou and EightBitTony like this.
  5. RobertCoombes

RobertCoombes Well-Known Member

My wife was the gardener. During her illness it ran riot for more than 2 years but I quite like the result. Horticulturists would be aghast but she is there.

DSC_2318.jpg

gray1720, Zou and EightBitTony like this.
  6. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

I think this might be my first ever post in first views...

I seem to live in the sort of place where people take their baths for a drive. _DSC0003.jpg

Zou, Catriona and EightBitTony like this.
  7. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

I was a lazy slug yesterday and only one I did was for the evenly spaced thread.

[​IMG]_6010992 by Mike Longhurst, on Flickr

Zou likes this.
  8. MickLL

MickLL In the Stop Bath

Strewth Mike,
    My wife and family would have me locked up if I became as tidy as that!!
    MickLL

PS Didn't realise that first view was back - good idea whoever had it.

RovingMike likes this.
  9. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

10. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Thanks Tony.

[​IMG]

Geren and EightBitTony like this.
  11. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

All I can offer for the first is two images of a sleeping cat.

IMG_20200601_080251588-01.jpeg

IMG_20200601_143137531-01.jpeg

12. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Picked this image from yesterday as it the first view I've had of a cassette colour coordinated with the paint on the frame. Also, it was on a bike donated for me to fix up and within a minute of the advert going up I had it sold for £50.

PSX_20200602_211153.jpg

Selling these old and unwanted bikes has raised £300 for a local food parcel service so far :D

AndyTake2, Catriona, Zou and 3 others like this.
  13. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Well done!

14. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Thanks.:)

Got an old rigid specialized on slicks that might cost me £50 if nobody outbids me.:oops::D

15. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

We have a Specialized store in Chester. They seem quite high-end bikes. They, and their partner store the Bike Factory, do (or did before lockdown) 10% discount for CTC members.

16. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

26"er?

17. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

200601-Helensburgh-024.jpg

Taken on my daily walk around town on Monday. The tower, now known as The Tower Digital Arts Centre used to be St Columba, the church where I was married. The building in front of it is now The Submarine Museum but was formerly the church hall. If you photograph these two from the street head on, the church hall looks like another church - it's quite an imposing front. However Monday was the first time I realised that it's just a facade!

EightBitTony and Catriona like this.
  18. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

They've been up there with the best of them for as long as I can remember....their range of bikes has always been competitive when others have come and gone. I've never owned one before.

Aye, previous owner never used it, original owner appears to have been an enthusiast who used it for commuting. Current state is back wheel buckled but I have another one that looks like it would be an upgrade, bottom bracket worn but I might be able to get a part out of an old Giant frame and the brake blocks and grips are at the "will do for now" stage. Could get brake blocks off a scrap bike too probably....got lots of cheap bikes with seized cables to use for parts:)

Zou likes this.
  19. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

I need to fix a broken spoke on my Kona and then I might get around to rebuilding it. Problem is all the special tools required (headset, crank removal etc.).

20. MickLL

MickLL In the Stop Bath

I had to Google Kona and came across this.

Eleven grand for a bike!!!!!! I do not belieeeeeeeeeve it.

MickLL