1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Views, January 2020

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by Zou, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

I realised after posting that you had already posted. Having said that, no reason not to post multiple images so long as all fit the brief.

Catriona likes this.
  2. Dan S

Dan S Well-Known Member

That is some fancy looking machine!

3. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

OK then!
    Here's another taken today.

Old hydrangea flower.
    ap hydrangea.jpg

daft_biker and Dan S like this.
  4. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

OK, taken a bit after the first. I've been trying to organise the garage with a view to setting up a workshop. This is stage one, getting stuff onto shelving.

IMG_20200101_133346.jpg
    No great technical shakes, just with my 'phone.

Zou likes this.
  5. Dan S

Dan S Well-Known Member

Batman, my dog, usually gets up and whines for a walk around 5.30am. Last night I thought I would give Mrs Dan the lie-in. Luckily for me Batman didnt get up until around 7.30 :). Also, luckily for me, there was fog this morning and I managed to get some really nice shots, going off the usual walk slightly. And this was the first one as I entered the different route.

[​IMG]first day by Dan, on Flickr

6. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

200101-Helensburgh-001.jpg

I didn't make it out today in spite of all best intentions. The metadata says this was taken at 10.02 this morning but I have no idea what time it was and cna't remember if my camera is on BST or not. Anyway, I saw this light, decided to go out, got mired in hardrive sorting and never left the flat. It's now pitch black out htere but I may take a stroll in the dark just so I can say I went outside.

7. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

A day at the gallery started by taking the scenic route along the Water of Leith. Wouldn't normally have the time, but the bus was quicker than expected today. Mr Gormley seems to be pondering his new year resolutions...

20200101-DSC02476.jpg

The kind of message you want to hear on the 1st of the year decade... ;)

20200101-DSC02483.jpg

Katie Paterson's beautiful Totality:

20200101-DSC02485.jpg

8. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Went to SWMBO'S folks for a new year breakfast. Jasmine was feeling a little worse for wear after a late night and a bottle of Honey Jack Daniels refilled with Shloer.

PSX_20200101_192634.jpg

EightBitTony likes this.
  9. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Our feline lodger Paolo arrived without a birth certificate, so on his chip the nominal birthday was given as 01/01/2014. Here he is enjoying his birthday treat, shredded chicken breast with a wee smidgen of mayonnaise.

20200101-DSC02486.jpg

Dan S, RovingMike, Geren and 2 others like this.
  10. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

My wife and I are waiting until all the little darlings are safely back at school (and their parents are back at work) , when it will be safe to emerge from our Christmas and New Year hibernation. The view from our windows haven't been very insptiring recently...

11. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

I have posted this in a thread of its own, for reasons explained therein, but it fits in this thread too. My wife, daughter and I went for a walk on New Year's Day. I don't think I've ever seen as many people at this spot as I did that day.

[​IMG]X-E1 Test_Crawfordsburn by Gary Robinson Photography, on Flickr

Dan S, Zou, daft_biker and 1 other person like this.
  12. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

The only pictures I took on the first were variations on this...
    30687cess.jpg
    A follow-up to my picture in another thread, showing how much effort was put into stopping theft of a very cheap toy.

daft_biker, Dan S and Zou like this.
  13. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Taken four days in, posted 7 days in.... about my usual standard for timeliness!

_DSC0066a.jpg

RogerMac, Catriona, Geren and 3 others like this.
  14. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Rough time of year for car shows in fields!?

15. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly! I was quite impressed by how many people dared get their babies dirty - and some quite rare babies too, 2% of the total production of the Gordon Keeble for starters!

EightBitTony likes this.
  16. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

Apologies for having missed this thread before but I have only just realised that this thread has itself ceased to be dormant
    Photo below is the only one taken on Jan 1st and was taken as soon as the new theme was announced It shows a corner of my camera cupboard with some (temporary) dormant cameras
    Dormant 1.JPG

Zou and daft_biker like this.