1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

First Views, January 2020

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by Zou, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

It's the first day of a new decade, so why not make a point of documenting some small part of it? The First View blurb from back in the day:

Previously images and comments went in their own separate threads, but I reckon we can get along just fine with one.

Off you go - I know it's already 2020 for some forumites. :)

daft_biker and Catriona like this.
  2. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

10 ish this morning. Didn't getting until 0415, woke up at 0830 tossed and turned until 10 or so and the day now begins with a cup of coffee, as do most days.

[​IMG]nespresso by Nigel G, on Flickr

Geren, Zou, Catriona and 1 other person like this.
  3. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

first-rose.jpg

S

Dan S, Geren, Zou and 3 others like this.
  4. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

I wanted to get out and take a shot of something interesting, but instead, I went to Tesco for a fried breakfast and now I'm hiding indoors from the world.

So this is all you get.

2020-01-01 09.52.38-1-edit.jpg

Geren, Dan S, Zou and 2 others like this.
  5. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

I think I'd avoid the raw mushroom if I was you!

6. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

Yep, looks like it's been fresh too long.

Catriona likes this.
  7. EightBitTony

The mushroom was hot, juicy and delicious.

8. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Hmm,

All a bit of an anticlimax here. More a feeling of it all being over than just beginning. We looked at the tree and it looked so sad and droopy, we decided it has to come down today, rather than at the weekend. So here is a farewell to the festivities.

[​IMG]

Geren, EightBitTony and dream_police like this.
  9. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

The view from my bedroom window. Been like this for ever it feels like.
    IMG_20200101_121352.jpg

10. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

The best bit of this whole period is getting the thing put away.

Catriona and EightBitTony like this.
  11. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

The Tesco cafe bean burger is cracking value. Still not gotten around to trying their full breakfast, just bacon rolls/paninis/burgers etc.

Catriona likes this.
  12. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Oh, and it's the last year of *this* decade. The next doesn't start till 1st Jan 2021, there was no Year Zero.

gray1720 and steveandthedogs like this.
  13. EightBitTony

I'm afraid I'm an insane creature of habit. Been going to the same Tesco cafe since around 2006 when it was buffet style, and have been having pretty much the same breakfast ever since, even when it was no longer on the menu after the buffet was removed. In my Christmas card to the staff last year, I wrote my order rather than my name, because they don't know my name.

Sadly, the service level has gone down in the past 12 months, and as soon as my friend's new cafe gets their kitchen up and running for hot food, I'll be jumping ship.

14. EightBitTony

Had a long debate about this on Twitter. A decade is any 10 year period, so the end of every year is the end of one decade or another. If you ask someone born in 1980 which decade they were born in, they'll say the 80s. So 2019 is the end of the 2010s. 2020 is the start of the 20s. Calendars are a totally made up construct anyway, the year 1 never even happened.

Geren and Zou like this.
  15. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Went my my neighbours across the road to wish them a happy New Year. R will be 90 this year (that's him on the left), Real fire and cosy even if I sneeze a lot!

ap randm livingroom fire.jpg

16. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Yep, the same people who are taken in by eg "£19.99". I blame poor education, it's not even maths, just primary school "sums"

17. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

It also depends on whether you count from "1" or "0". Those of us who spent too much time doing low level programming will remember the joys of mixing software written to "base zero" with that written to "base one".

18. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Well, after it is all put away perhaps. The putting away is sheer aggro. nothing fits into what it came out of. :(

Dan S likes this.
  19. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Taken in? People who think £19.99 *is* £20 are the ones being taken in surely...

Anyway, giz us a picture!

Catriona likes this.
  20. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

\Brenda from Brizle
    "What? Another one?
    \Brenda from Brizle

Actually I thought it was one photo only, which I posted upthread.