1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First film story(not me) … and the retailer (me)

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by Done_rundleCams, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Craig Vanrooy

Craig Vanrooy Active Member

I remember shooting with basic cameras when I was younger but my parents always bought the film for them. They were only ever cheap plastic point and shoots. Since then I've been into Digital. Only really got into film over summer last year and that was because a 'Hackspace' that I had communal access too has a darkroom. A friend had an old AGFA that his grandad bought back from Germany after the war and we wanted to see if it worked. I'd picked up a cheap folding brownie so I picked up a few rolls of Ilford 120 B+W and off we went. Shot a few rolls over the summer and the AGFA was pretty decent however, the brownie I struggle getting in focus (presumably the lens board is not aligned) since then not touched film but my partner has purchased a Leica iiia for my Christmas present so looking forward to trying out some film on that!

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  2. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Hi Craig,

That's a great Christmas present :) and looking forward to seeing some pics :) I started using my "old" Konica Hexar AF last summer and went through a few rolls of film and, now,
    just have to man up and, actually, get the film processed :eek: ….. ;). As well, if you're looking for some (more) lenses for your (soon to be) 111a, here's a few options via the Ffordes
    shop -- http://www.ffordes.com/category/Lenses/Leica/L39_Screw---

Cheers,

Jack

3. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Don't forget to put them up in the Relics section, gentlemen.

S

4. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

For years I used bulk tins of 35mm b/w neg film and some colour reversal. I used reloadable cassettes (including some rather strange Soviet ones). The cost saving was quite a lot over buying the same stuff in the maker's 24 or 36 cassettes.

5. Done_rundleCams

Cameras, Photogs or both, Steve?

:D

Jack

steveandthedogs likes this.
  6. Done_rundleCams

I never used or tried the bulk load film, Roger, but, I did get spoiled whilst freelancing for the newspapers from the late 80's
    to the late 90's/early 2K's because I would have film supplied, plus I was working in photo retail ;) Then it was to digital :D

Cheers,

Jack